Meringue Bites with Strawberries and Cream

Darlene X
on 8/9/06 6:45 am - Maricopa, AZ
INGREDIENTS: 4 egg whites 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2/3 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking 1 cup light sour cream or reduced-fat whipped topping 40 strawberries Optional Garnish: fresh mint leaves -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIRECTIONS: PREHEAT oven to 250 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. BEAT egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. ADD SPLENDA® Sugar Blend, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and SPLENDA® Sugar Blend dissolves. SPOON heaping tablespoonfuls of mixture onto baking sheets. BAKE 1 hour and 15 minutes; turn oven off. (If meringues begin to brown, reduce oven temperature to 225 degrees ). Let meringues stand in closed oven with the light on for 8 hours or overnight. Store in an airtight container. TOP each meringue just before serving with 1 scant teaspoon of sour cream or lite cool whip and a strawberry. Garnish, if desired.
kimbaby74
on 8/9/06 10:39 am - Western, KY
Do you think this would work with straight splenda? Since you're much more of a cook than me, I figured you'd know. Sounds like a good recipe! Kim
ooh-lala
on 8/9/06 12:25 pm - Great Bend, KS
I have made meringue cookies with Splenda only. They don't brown as well, but are still good.
kimbaby74
on 8/9/06 12:56 pm - Western, KY
Thanks for the response! I'll have to try them this weekend! Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!