Surgery in the near future!

Amy I.
on 8/8/06 10:43 am - KS
Yep! Surgery! I was exercising the other day when I noticed a large lump at my breast bone. ( the size of my fist) WOW it's a hernia! So surgery is going to be in September unless it gets worse. They are going to use my WLS scar, repair the hernia, put mesh in there and close it up. They are doing this to the whole length of the scare and taking off the excess skin. Yah about that! Also got weighed in and have lost another 22 pounds since my last appt. and my 6 month will be Sept 20th. I am down 85 lbs!!!! Amy I
jennb40
on 8/8/06 11:15 pm - Nashua, NH
Amy, so sorry to hear about your needed surgery. What do they think caused the hernia???? But congrats on a great weight loss! See those 5 extra pounds you posted about recently don't even make it worrisome with the loss of 22 pounds and total of 85! My thoughts and prayers are with you for a successful upcoming surgery. Barbara
Amy I.
on 8/9/06 4:34 am - KS
Barbara, This hernia is the size of my fist! And it was more than likely from exercise!It is an insision hernia. The wall under my insision healed fast but not thick enough, so neless to say they are going in on the full length of my scare and repair the hernia and put mess over it because I am so active.Thanks so much for your prayers I need them! And YEH 22 pounds isn't too bad... It would have more but those dreaded 5 lbs! Thaks Again AmyI
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/8/06 11:35 pm - My Town, NH
Amy, yuck to the hernia surgery but yay for the 85 pound weightloss. That's fantastic! I hope the surgery goes very smoothly for you. Please keep us posted and keep up the great work! - Stephanie
Amy I.
on 8/9/06 4:39 am - KS
Stephanie, Thanks! I am soo happy about the 85lbs! I think that I am shrinking and I can finally see it! Amy I You look great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views