another surgery :-(

kwiltlady
on 8/7/06 7:35 am - sturgeon bay, WI
I had my surgery on 3-20-06 and am now having trouble with my gall bladder. I go and talk to my surgen on the 14th about getting it out. Has anyone had to get theres out after the bypass surgery??? If so, how did you do and what should I expect?? How long in the hosp? How long does my family have to wait on me?? Im more scared about this surgery than I was about the bypass. I know Im crazy. Thanks and Hugs to all. Kim
Darlene X
on 8/7/06 7:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hubby has his gall bladder taken out about 5 months after surgery. They wanted to take it out during his WLS, but he was too overweight and they couldn't get to it. Gall bladder is no big issue, it's lap again, my Mother in law had her's taken out Friday and went back to work Monday. Hubby was a little longer recovering just cause he had dehydration, kidney stones and stricture issues at the same time, but he had his taken out Wednesday and was back to work Monday.... There is nothing to be worried about. Darlene
HAILEY
on 8/7/06 9:06 am - CARSON CITY, NV
I had gallbladder issues start at my 5th week but didn't say anything to the do****il almost my 8th week thinking the nausous feelings were from things I was trying to eat but he had my ultra sound on friday went in and saw him on Tuesday and he scheduled my gallbladder removal for he next day Wednsday, If I hadn't been so dehydrated I would have just been addmitted Wedns morning and discharged Wedns night but I went in Tuesd and since my surgery wasn't until 4:30pm didn't go home until Thursday. You'll end up with 3 to 4 new poke whole scars on the right side and it was much easier to deal with than the rny I would say 2 to 3 days off at most. The only thing is you won't feel like eating much of anything I still had the nausea for a while but that's just because I waited so long. Good luck, it really is much easier than the RNY, and the procedure only takes like 30 to 45 minutes max. e-mail me if you have any question's Hailey 245/178/135
jennb40
on 8/7/06 9:05 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Kim, so sorry you are having these gall bladder problems. Fortunately, they took my gall bladder out during my bypass surgery. But if they can do it lap, then it shouldn't be very hard to deal with - most people go back to work in a few days after surgery. You will do fine...good luck and let us know after you have the surgery. Barbara
bjjantzen
on 8/8/06 1:28 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
Hi Kim- I had my gall bladder removed a few years before my RNY and it was quite easy compared to the RNY. Of course at the time I didn't know that. But I was in pain for a few hours then just dull aching. Couldn't bend over or sleep on my side or stomach for a couple of days. They tell you the same thing about walking. They want you up and walking right away just like the RNY. So you will be an old pro!
miminjoey
on 8/8/06 1:53 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I am sorry to hear you have to go back in, but it should be a breeze compared to wls right I do have a question though...i saw someone reply they had naseau and that was a sign...what are the signs. I was telling my doctor about how I am still sick in the mornings and some foods till make me sick, and he said i should not be getting sick in the moring and for me to remind him at my next apt if it was still going on...saw him at a support group meeting...he didn't seem over concermed but he made it clear something might be up... but I have a history of ulcers too....I did have galstones when I was pregnant...or should I say one...but it was a severe pain under my ribcage, once it passed, I was ok and my ultra sound didn't show any more so they didn't do anything, that was 8 years ago. ( granted might not have been a gallstones and they told me that to give me a reason for the pain, ya never know these days) mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views