Kind of a WOW for me...

Darlene X
on 8/7/06 5:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
Saturday morning Hubby had to work for 4 hours, so I went in with him and wasted time running some errands and looking at a few stores (Dangerous LOL).... I decided to spend some time in The Avenue, see if there were any sale clothes... I was walking around and inadvertantly overheard a ladies cell phone conversation... the words "Surgery","Lose Weight" stood out-- and I realized she was telling her sister she was thinking about weight loss surgery. Now I am normally very shy, I won't go up to strangers... so this is why it's a wow for me because I feel my self confidence growing... After she got off the phone I went up to her, apologized for listening to her conversation and started talking to her... we talked a good 30 minutes, she was sooo grateful to me for stopping and talking to her because she had no one to talk to about surgery... I gave her links to various websites and my phone number incase she had questions. When I told Hubby what happened... he was shocked, "That doesn't sound like you- going up to a complete stranger".... and you know what, it's not normally me, but Im starting to feel better about myself... and feel like people aren't so disgusted by me.... Maybe now I can figure out how to make friends LOL Darlene 338/321/170 -107lbs!!!
Tina K
on 8/7/06 5:43 am - Central, NY
Good for you Darlene! I've noticed the same about myself - much more outgoing. It's amazing what happens when we loose weight! Keep it up! Tina 315/222/140
jennb40
on 8/7/06 9:08 pm - Nashua, NH
Darlene - did you offer to fix your lunch and snacks afterwards!!!!!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/8/06 11:49 pm - My Town, NH
Darlene, You go girl! Spread that knowledge! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!