yummy dessert recipe

~ Stylz ~
on 8/6/06 7:39 am - North of Boston, MA
I was at a friends and had this for dessert, she gave me the recipe (well she had no choice, I told her I wasn't leaving til I had it ) Banana Bread Pudding 1.5 cups milk 1 egg 1 eggwhite 1 small banana thinly sliced or mashed 2 tbsp Splenda 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 tsp almond extract 1/8 tsp nutmeg Topping: 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt with Splenda and cinnamon Heat milk over medium-high heat in a heavy saucepan to 180° or until tiny bubbles form around edge. (Do not boil). Remove from heat; set aside. Combine eggs and egg whites in a large bowl; beat well with a wire whisk. Gradually add milk and bananas to egg mixture beating constantly. Stir in extracts**. Spoon 1/2 cup egg mixture into each of 8 (6-ounce) custard cups; sprinkle with nutmeg. Place 4 custard cups in each of 2 (9-inch) round cakepans; add ho****er to each pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until set. Remove custard cups from pans; cool to room temperature. Separately combined yogurt and Splenda. Pour over egg mixtures. Cover with plastic wrap; chill. **She added walnuts to the mixture right before putting in custard cups, but didn't remember how much she added. very delish!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/6/06 11:49 am - My Town, NH
Wow! That sounds so yummy! I love banana pudding. I'l have to give that a try. Thanks for sharing! - Stephanie
luckycat1
on 8/6/06 12:10 pm - Cincinnati, OH
sounds yummy! I am going to have to try this thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views