Need support! Depressed

Amy I.
on 8/2/06 12:49 pm - KS
I was feeling on top of the world just a week ago. Now It seems that I have gained 5lbs and I don't know why. I am three days off of my period and I have been exercising and eating the same things and the same amounts. What is going on. I do feel bloated because my rings that were to big are now a bit tight. But 5 lbs? I am soo deressed! HAs anyone had this happen? Also I have a Dr.'s appt. on Tuesday because I think that I have a hernia. UGHH! Thanks for listening Amy I
luckycat1
on 8/2/06 1:27 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I gained 7 lbs during my period. Don't let it bother you. It will come right back off. Make sure you drink plenty of plain water to flush the fluid out. Good luck at the doctor's office Tuesday. I have an appointment too--5 month appointment. Can't wait :>) Take care MJ
Amy I.
on 8/4/06 2:22 am - KS
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! I'm feeling a little stressed about it! Hopefully everything will come off again. Thanks Amy I
jennb40
on 8/2/06 8:52 pm - Nashua, NH
Amy, hold on sweetie...consider several things. First of all it is EXTREMELY hot right now and I am sure Kansas is really hot. You are right before your period which is another thing to consider. Any maybe you should consider NOT weighing before your period and do so a few days after. You know the surgery is working - it has to be - so this is just a temporary stall (or gain) and it will reverse itself very soon. Make sure you are getting lots of water and all your protein. Hang in there and remember how far you have come so far. You are getting gorgeous and this is only a obstacle for a few days I expect. Let us know about your doctor's appointment...hope all goes well for you. SMILE and remember you are a beautiful person with such a bright future ahead! Barbara
Amy I.
on 8/4/06 2:43 am - KS
Barbara, It is soooo HOT here in Kannsas! About 110 for the past month! We just spent a few days at a horse show and am very tired. Thanks for the nice words! Your mind plays tricks on you about this weight thing! I do appreciate the words of encouragement! I am very stressed right now, maybe that is it! (my husband is leaving for Iraq and has been in Mississippi for three months getting training!) I wanted to lose 15 more pounds before Sept 13th because my husband comes home for 10 days before leaving for Iraq. UGGGGG donesn't look like it is going to happen! Thanks Again Amy I
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/2/06 11:03 pm - My Town, NH
Amy, this has happened to me too. Those five pounds will go away again. I promise! I hope the doctor can clear up the hernia questions for you. Stay positive and I hope you get back to "top of the world" soon! - Stephanie
Amy I.
on 8/4/06 2:47 am - KS
Stephanie, Thanks so much for the telling me that "it will go away again". I needed that! Thanks Amy I
MsKeara
on 8/5/06 4:37 am - Baldwin, WI
Hi Amy, I gained 5-6 pounds the first week in July. It was after my period so I was pissed. I don't know where it game from but it stayed around for about a week. It seemed to appear over night but it took about a week to drop off (total of 2 weeks). It will go away. It may not go away as fast as it came, but it will go. Hang in there. The journey is not over yet! MsKeara
Amy I.
on 8/5/06 1:07 pm - KS
MsKeara Thanks for telling me about your story and the dreaded 5-6 pounds! I have no idea where it came from or when it is going to leave. Hopefully SOON! But it does help to know that others have had this happen too. Thanks Again Amy I
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views