Coming out of Lurk-ville....I need help from my March Sisters!

Tamara L.
on 8/1/06 8:18 am - Winston-Salem, NC
I had surgery 3-21-06 and have lost 76 pounds. The last four weeks have been so discouraging! Gained 2, lost 1, lost 1, lost 0. I knew the dreaded plateau would hit me at some point, but it is hallelejah frustrating!!!!!!! Encouragement and advice needed and wanted! Help a sister out! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Tamara 310/234/135
luckycat1
on 8/1/06 8:26 am - Cincinnati, OH
I feel your pain. The entire month of June was like for me. I gained like 5lbs. I finnaly went to see my nut. We or should I say she discovered that I was not eating enogh food. I was still around 350-400 calories a day. Yep not very many. She wants me around 800-1000 a day. I can not say I do that many because I don't well not everyday. I avg. 650-800 a day now. I really feel better and the weight is coming off again pretty fast. How many calories are you eating each day? Maybe you need to see your nut or up you calories. Not sure if it will work for you but it has worked for me. Take care MJ
Tamara L.
on 8/1/06 8:41 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Hello MJ.... You are probably on to something there......I tend to hover aroun 400 to 500 calories per day. I get more than my required protein and water in everyday....but I have trouble getting in those meals! I have been slack on keeping count of my calories...but I'm going to pay close attention to that to see if that might be the problem! Thanks for responding~~happy loosing to you! Tamara
bjjantzen
on 8/1/06 8:26 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
Tamara- It sucks. To have come so far and done so well and lost so much and then you feel like you are slammed into a brick wall. I have been on a plateau for the last few weeks not seeing my home scale move. Hang in there. for me it helped to take my measurements b/c I could see that I was losing inches. so maybe that is true for you also. Your body will catch up, it is just adjusting. (that is what they keep telling me, but it still sucks.) So you have my sympathy and my prayers for this plateau to end quickley. May GOD bless us and guide us all on our journeys, Barbie 246/228/171/135 Pre/Surg/Curr/Goal
Tamara L.
on 8/1/06 8:45 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Hello Barbie~~ Your family looks so adorable in all your orange shirts!! Your profile pic's are looking marvelous! Thanks for the words of encouragement.....it always helps to know someone has or is feeling your pain! You spoke the words like you were reading my mind! I can tell I'm loosing inches because I'm starting to run out of clothes--I never thought I would say that, because I have always had a stack of "thin" clothes to fall back on! But now, they are even noticeably (embarrassingly) baggy! It's all in the focus and you've reminded me to be grateful for every ounce so far. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. Mine go out to you! Tamara
Pat T.
on 8/1/06 11:36 am - Rome, NY
I posted about this same problem a week or two ago, and my surgery was 3/9. It must be that around 4 months is another major plateau for us. I was so disappointed to not see the scale move for 2 or 3 weeks, I actually thought I was eating too much. I am trying to stay around the 800 mark, and I kept asking how that could be too much! But, happily, the scale moved this past week and I lost 5 pounds in one week. I haven't had that big a loss in a while. So, all I can say is keep going, you will see it move! You are doing great! Pat
Tamara L.
on 8/2/06 12:09 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Woo-hoo! I know you were excited to see that 5 pounds go down! I love the surprised feeling that accompanies that moment when you see the lower number on the scales. Thanks for speaking up and letting me know there are people that have been were I am before me! Good luck and God speed for your next 5 pounds! Tamara
Katie M.
on 8/2/06 12:54 am - East Petersburg, PA
I can definitely agree that eating more calories helps. I was eating 400-600 and nothing was happening. Upped it to 800-1000 a day and the weight just flies off. I had surgery 3/27 and am almost at 100 gone! I got stuck at 40 pounds lost and 80 pounds lost. I think your body needs to stabilize for a little before it'll let go of the extra weight. Keep drinking (one of my major issues, can't ever get enough!) and watch protein, but have little snacks and up those calories! I felt better, too when I did. Also, I try not to weigh myself too much and just focus on the fact that I can run up the stairs without stopping and bend over to polish my toenails! Don't get too focused on the weight loss, it is inevitable since you are taking in so much less than before. Hang in there, fellow lurker. Katie
Stephanie Smiles
on 8/2/06 11:16 pm - My Town, NH
Tamara, These stalls are so hard! Try to stay as positive as you can and remember that our bodies need to catch up from time to time. We've really put them through the ringer lately! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views