OT: Advice Needed

Mama-of-3
on 7/31/06 4:24 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Okay here is the short version. Makenzee has been going to the same dance school for 3 years. Just recently a teacher who has been there 26 years had a falling out with the owner and has since moved to another studio. She also now choreographs cheerleading routines where Makenzee cheers and today she asked me if I would consider taking Makenzee out of her current school and put her in HER new school. I have to see her every week and I like her but I am 100% happy with her current school so now what? She said.. "I will bring a flyer to next cheer practice for you" and kind of left it at that. Right now Makenzee goes to ballet/tap on Tuesdays at 6. Her class would be Fridays at 4:30 sooooooooo what I said was that I wor****il 5 on Fridays so the time wouldn't work (I am off Fridays) so she then says that we can carpool with another girl who lives near me. I dont know how to say "NO THANK YOU" without offending her so I felt like I needed to lie about working Fridays. Everytime I had a different excuse she came up with a solution! Very frustrating. Thing is....I dont want to have her mad at me or somehow take it out on Makenzee during cheer class because I wouldn't move her to her school. What should I say? I'm thinking of just telling her that I appreciate the offer but that her current times work better with my schedule and that Makenzee is happy there and just hope for the best. I hate confrentations!!! Just has to vent. sorry!! Trish
timsdanni
on 7/31/06 5:23 am - Ft Stewart, GA
unfourtuantly that happens a LOT with dance schools (my MIL has danced/taught dance/owned a studio forever) just tell the teacher you are happy with her as a teacher esp with cheer but don't feel right moving your daughter from dance right now - you will be glad to reconsider next year. that should give you some breathing space. If she brings you a flyer say thanks and tuck it in your purse and change the subject. I always feel bad for the kids b/c even good teachers and studio owners have a hard time not dragging the kids in to their business let us know what you end up doing danni seeking moderation in ALL of life
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/31/06 6:00 am - My Town, NH
Hi Trish. These things ARE tough! What does Makenzee want to do? I guess she is the best indicator of the right choice. I hope the dance/cheer teacher can accept your decision! Good luck! - Stephanie
miminjoey
on 8/1/06 5:19 am - Fort Bragg, NC
sounds to me you have the perfect answer...thenk you but she is happy where she is and it works best for our schedule. i am sure she will understand. Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views