spotting?

Patricia R.
on 7/31/06 12:50 am - New Oxford, PA
Every since I was about 13, when my period started, I have had menstural problems. I have been on numerous kinds of birth control pills and some of them controlled my periods for a while or not at all. Around June 2004, I started bleeding uncontrollably, for about 2 months, which led to a DNC in September 2004. (Everything checked out fine.) I have been on Depo-Provera since then but I am not on it for birth control reasons. I have not had a period or spotting. But here for the past 2 months, I have been spotting and sometimes a little more than spotting. It is really a nuissance as I never know when it is going to happen or how it will be. I rather just have a period and be done with it. I just got my shot again this month and can not start another method yet. I have appt in Oct with my GYN and will dicuss options with him then. Has anyone else expreinenced a similar problem and what did your doctor do for you? Has anyone tried pills like Seasonale and the one the gives you a short period every month? Thanks Patricia
Mama-of-3
on 7/31/06 4:28 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Patricia How terrible this problem is. I know! I have to stay on BC pills for that very reason and my 17 year old is on them too because during her National Cheerleaing competiton in Florida this past February she ended up in the hospital because she bled everywhere and soaked her entire bed. She bled for 3 months straight and I mean HEAVY. It was horrendous. We are both doing fine on the pills.It's a pain being on the BC pill when you dont need them for BC reasons but unless I keep taking them I end up like Brytnee did and I'm not going through that EVER again! I hope you can get some help quickly because it's just a terrible thing to have to go through. I wouldn't wait until October to go talk to your doctor make an appointment now. Trish
timsdanni
on 7/31/06 5:26 am - Ft Stewart, GA
just delt with this with my doc the solution is to put you on a pill along with the depo shot to regulate your periods. i bleed for 3 months staight - heavy for 3-8 days light for a few back to heavy. I am happy to be back on the pill. I am using it for birthcontrol so I am on a super heavy pill and taking it at night last thing so I don't "wash" is right out of mr pouch. good luck and I agree - call and see if you can get in sooner hugs danni seeking after moderation in ALL things in life
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views