Four month anniversary...

MsKeara
on 7/28/06 4:00 am - Baldwin, WI
Well, today is my 4 month post op anniversary. As many of you know, July was the month from hell for me. I don't think I'm going to post any new pictures because I only loss another 5 pouds this month. My doc said that I wasn't eating enough (remember the mess with the new nut?). He also said the other stuff going on in my life probably just threw everything out of whack. I did raise my calories back up and now I think I'll look for another group to follow me. I really don't need any more bad professional advice. I get better advice here! Thank you all, for that by the way. I'm hoping August will be better. I'm training for a 5k on August 19th so my workout schedule has been *enhanced*. Yes, that's the word my trainer likes to use when he's going to rake me over the coals again. As mentioned before, I'm only down an additional 5 pounds but that puts me to 80 down since surgery and I'm over the halfway mark. I guess I can't complain about that. Every have a good weekend! MsKeara
Darlene X
on 7/28/06 4:30 am - Maricopa, AZ
Keara!!! You are such an inspiration to me... you are doing so amazing with your exercise! I wish I could be like you! Don't stress over 5lbs, I think I lost a grand total of 8lbs this month--- lots of stalling.... it's normal. I know your having a rough time lately, hang in there! We are all here for you if you need it. Darlene 338/233/170
Tina K
on 7/28/06 5:47 am - Central, NY
I wish you could be my exercise buddy because I totally suck at it ! LOL So sorry about the nut from hell and I'm so glad that you've finally gotten back on track. How are you inches doing? Congrats on the 80 pounds lost! That's awesome. I'm about halfway there too so yeah for us. Tina
BabyRuth2u
on 7/28/06 10:42 am - Pittsburgh, PA
80 lbs down and over half way there. That sounds FANTASTIC!! You're doing a great job with all that's been going on. Keep the strength, you can do anything!
Laura A.
on 7/30/06 9:08 am - Manteca, CA
What kind of training program are you doing to get ready for a 5K? I bought a book that has a 13 week run/walk training program that I have told myself I will start when I weigh under 200......11 more pounds and I'll have to make good on my promise to myself. I'm curious what others are doing for their training. I hope to do a 5K someday...... Laura A.
MsKeara
on 7/30/06 5:13 pm - Baldwin, WI
Hi Laura! I don't know that I have a specific program that my trainer has me following. His first goal was to build my speed. We worked on that for about a month. We moved to endurance and 2 weeks ago. The distance goes up my 10% every time I get on the treadmill. By the time the race comes around, I will be going beyond the 5k. I think most of the people here can finish a 5k already. It's only 3.1 miles. My goal is to do it within a certain time. I'm walking it this time. Next spring I want to run a 10k (since my boobs are not knocking me out anymore). I'm going to be one of those people that need to be training for something at all times or I will not stay motivated. Who knows, maybe I'll follow Oprah's example and run a marathon by the time I'm 40... Okay, maybe not... But that would give me 5 years to train. Have a good day! MsKeara
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/31/06 3:09 am - My Town, NH
Happy 4 month anniversary! I'm sorry you've had such a rough month. I am impressed, though, with your attitude! Stay positive and keep up the great work. Good luck with the 5K! I can't imagine running a 5K! - Stephanie
thin2be
on 7/31/06 1:42 pm - Houston, TX
I think you are awesome! Congratulations on the excellent training, and being halfway to goal. You are doing great. I hope August gets better. Keep on keeping on! Phyllis
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views