Soups

Darlene X
on 7/26/06 8:00 am - Maricopa, AZ
I figured seeing the weather has been so cold lately....LOL... that maybe some soup recipes would be good? You know, for those nice 110°F+ days... Olive Garden Pasta E Fagioli, Half Batch Ingredients: 1 1/2 tsp. Oil 2 lb. Ground beef 1 large onion; chopped 3-4 carrots; diced 3-4 stalks celery; diced 1 48-oz. can of diced tomatoes, with juice 1 14-oz. can cooked Red Kidney beans 1 14-oz. can cooked White kidney beans 3 14-oz. cans of beef broth 1 1/2 tsp. Oregano 1 1/4 tsp. Pepper 3 tsp. Parsley; (fresh chopped) 1 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce 1 24-oz. can of pasta sauce (Hunts brand etc) 4 oz. dry pasta Shell macaroni; or other pasta Preparation: Sauté beef in oil in large pot until beef starts to brown. Add onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes with juice and simmer for about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse beans and add to the pot. Also add beef broth, oregano, pepper, Tabasco, pasta sauce, and noodles. Add chopped parsley. Simmer until celery and carrots are tender, about 45 minutes. -------------------------------------------------- Black-Eyed Pea Soup 4 turkey bacon strips, diced 1 medium green pepper, chopped 1 small onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 (15-1/2 oz.) cans black-eyed peas, undrained 2 (14-1/2 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained 1 cup water 1-1/2 tsp salt 1 to 1-1/4 tsp ground cumin 1 to 1-1/4 tsp ground mustard 1 tsp chili powder 1/2 tsp pepper 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Splenda, optional Shredded Colby-Monterrey Jack cheese and minced fresh parsley In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. In the drippings, saute the green pepper, onion and garli****il tender. Add peas, tomatoes, water and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, parsley and bacon. ---------------------------------------------- Roasted Squash Onion and Garlic Soup 3lb butternut squash 3 onions 1 head (bulb) garlic 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp dried thyme leaves 1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves, crumbled pinch each coarse salt and pepper 3 roasted red peppers 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock Peel and cut squash into 2 inch chunks. Peel and quarter onions. Separate cloves of garlic but do not peel. In large bowl, toss together squash, onions, garlic, oil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Spread on large shallow roasted pan; roast in 375 F oven for 40 - 50 minutes or until tender and carmelized, stirring occasionally. Let cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, puree red peppers in blender or food processor until smooth; set aside. Squeeze softened garlic cloves out of skin. In batches, puree vegetables with some of the stoc****il smooth. Transfer to saucepan. Add remaining stock and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer just until hot enough to serve. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish each serving with red pepper drizzle.
(deactivated member)
on 7/26/06 10:57 am - AZ
Yummy! I love soup, even when it's a balmy 115F out. Maybe I'm !
Amy I.
on 7/26/06 12:35 pm - KS
Thanks so much! I have been looking for some good soups to try. I have been eating soup/stew for about the past month and a half. That is why I don't post to much on your "What did you eat today" because it is the samething every day. Thanks again Amy I
tpandk7777
on 7/27/06 10:46 am - London, Canada
Hi Darlene, Do you have a cookbook available? Your recipes sound so very yummy. Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views