4 Months ago today ....

sparkles
on 7/26/06 10:50 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
4 months ago today I was terrified. My husband was by my side...and as a newly wed, I wondered what he would do if I didnt wake up. I wondered if I'd ever have children, I wondered if this would really work. I wondered if he'd still love me if it did... or if it didn't. I wondered if the surgeon and nurses were talking about me like a fisherman and his catch.. man..look at this whopper! I wondered if I'd be strong enough to do this. I wondered what everyone at work was thinking. I wondered if things would ever feel normal to me, of if I'd always be slightly off key. When I woke up, I was, first of all, glad to be alive, and to have my husband by my side. Then I was miserable.... what had I done to myself?! Was vanity really worth the price of all this pain... but vanity wasn't the only reason I had done this... I slept most of the day, walking only two or three times. My husband slept in the hospital bed, and I in the recliner beside it. It was just easier for me. Fast forward 4 months to today... I've lost over 80lbs, but don't know how much. I've fully healed, and all I have left are little puprle marks on my stomach. I'm wearing 2 -4 sizes smaller than I was before. I have more energy than ever, and can walk up a flight of steps, with out gasping for air and stopping half way to catch my breath. I can walk around Disney for over 14 hours with out feeling like I'm going to die. I can ride a go cart with out an extender. I can eat "normal foods" but dont feel the need to eat all the time. I'd rather have broccolli than mashed potatoes. I'd rather have grilled or baked foods than fried foods. Pizza is no longer my friend. I've come a long way. I like who I'm becoming. I like to look nice. Others are starting to notice me... Men are hitting on me (though I'm a happily married woman... its never a bad thing when they notice!! ) Things are starting to happen.... and this is only the beginning... LOOK OUT WORLD... HERE I COME!
Tina K
on 7/27/06 3:36 am - Central, NY
Whooo hooo girl! I'm so proud of you! It's amazing the people we are becoming isn't it? To brighter things on the horizon. Hugs, Tina 315/228/140
sparkles
on 7/27/06 3:59 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Tina, It is a really awesome thing..
Rick A.
on 7/27/06 4:24 am - Far Northern, CA
I am so happy things are going great for you. You are becoming that beautiful butterfly that was always inside of you and now you have let it out. LOOK OUT world here she comes. Life is good. Rick
sparkles
on 7/27/06 5:16 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Rick, Thank you so much! It truely is a transformation.. just like this body was a REALLY FAT Cacun!!
Sheila A.
on 7/27/06 5:22 am - Thermal, CA
You are doing wonderful in your Metamorphosis!!! I know it feels wonderful to not be so down on yourself all the time. We were our own worst critics!! Enjoy every day, it is a gift from God. I know I am so Blessed it is hard to contain my Joy. All my best to you and congrats on your accomplishments! Sheila
Darlene X
on 7/27/06 6:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
You look fabulous! No wonder guys are starting to hit on you hehehe.... I like that too, though very happily married also CONGRATS!!! WOW WOW!! Darlene
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/27/06 10:45 am - My Town, NH
Amazing things can happen in just four short months. You've done so well and your outlook is very positive. I hope you continue to feel GREAT about yourself! You deserve all of the nice things that come your way. Congratulations! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views