Darlene--What's a Ro-tel???

RebekaA
on 7/25/06 9:50 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Darlene or anyone who knows, I was looking on your Mixed Up Casserole recipe and one of the ingredients is Rotel. What is that, I 've never heard of it. Thanks
BelindaOBX
on 7/25/06 10:10 am - Mount Gilead, NC
It a brand of diced tomato with some spices it it. Belinda
RebekaA
on 7/25/06 11:06 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thanks so much! I was like WTH is that??? =)
Beckers
on 7/25/06 3:09 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
I thought it was a type of noodle, LOL. Shows you what I know... Rebecca M. 269/195/150
Darlene X
on 7/25/06 9:37 pm - Maricopa, AZ
LOL Belinda answered. Yeah it's a brand of spicy/mexican style diced tomatoes.... If you can't get them like here (Lots of mexican stuff) then any diced tomatoes w/ spice (green chilles etc) think Hunts makes one.
headparrot
on 7/26/06 1:02 am - Ponca City, OK
I had never heard of rotel either until I moved from South Dakota to Oklahoma. They use it in a lot of stuff down here, especially queso (sp?) which is like nacho cheese on steroids. Barb uses the extra hot rotel in a lot of dishes like King's Ranch chicken, which is excellent. There are a lot of foods down here that I had never heard of up north...okra, fried pickles, biscuits and gravy.... I better stop...I'm making myself hungry!
miminjoey
on 7/26/06 1:18 am - Fort Bragg, NC
LOL why do you think there are so many of us fat people in the south...we know how to eat and fry everything!!! Thankfully i have not been home since having the surgery...heaven help me when we go home for Thanksgiving. Mimi
Darlene X
on 7/26/06 2:04 am - Maricopa, AZ
I use Extra Hot Rotels all the time--- I use them in my chilli, taco soup etc... I love things hot.... You'd never had queso before? Thats funny--- I guess my American Experience has only been in AZ so I just assume everyone around the country is the same Do share the chicken recipe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views