Breakfast Ideas.

Darlene X
on 7/25/06 12:29 am - Maricopa, AZ
Breakfast Quiche Squares 1 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach (or 8 oz frozen chopped broccoli) 1 1/2 c liquid egg substitute 1 1/2 c grated lowfat cheese 1/4 c diced green pepper* 1/4 c diced red pepper* onion powder or flakes to taste 3-4 T picante sauce Mix veggies, cheese, onion flakes, and picante sauce in a bowl. Spread evenly in a 9x12 baking pan that has been sprayed with PAM. Pour egg substitute evenly over veggie mixture. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Cool most of the way, then cut into 8 squares. Wrap each square in plastic wrap and freeze in a Ziploc bag. To reheat: remove plastic wrap, set on saucer, and nuke in the microwave 1.5-2 minutes or until warm. *or any other veggie ------------------------------------------------ Tomato Turkey Sausage 1 package (1.25 lb. or thereabouts) lean ground turkey 2 tbs. tomato paste or 3 tbs. tomato puree 3 tsp sage 1 tsp coriander 1/2 tsp nutmeg 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 2 tsp salt (or to taste) Combine everything in a bowl and mix with your hands. Form into patties. These cook up well in a frying pan (no oil needed) on medium heat. Or, you can bake them in the oven at about 325F until cooked through. (I use the pan method most often). These freeze well wrapped in parchment paper and zipped in a plastic baggie. -------------------------------------------------- Mini Mushroom, Veggie, & Sausage Quiches 8 oz.turkey breakfast sausage, removed from casing and crumbled into small pieces 1 cup chopped veggies of your choice (ONION, BELL PEPPER ETC) 1 tsp olive oil 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced 1/4 cup scallions 1/4 cup LF shredded cheese of your choice 1 tsp freshly ground pepper 5 eggs 3 egg whites 1 cup 1% milk Coat a nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook. Transfer to bowl to cool. Add oil to the pan, the mushrooms and other veggies, cook, stirring often, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer mushroom mix to bowl and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in scallions, cheese and pepper. Whisk eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle a heaping tablespoon of the sausage/veggie mix in each cup. Bake until the tops begin to brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove quiches to a rack and let cool completely. Wrap individually in plastic wrap. May refrigerate for 3 days and freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds. ------------------------------------------------- Sweet Potato/Pumpkin Custard 2 medium sweet potatoes (cooked, cooled and mashed to make 1 1/2 cup) 1 1/2 cups pumpkin (canned or cooked, cooled and mashed) 8 eggs or egg substitute 1 cup Splenda 3 tsp Sugar Twin Spoonable Brown 1 1/3 cup fat free half and half 1 tsp salt 2 tsp ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp allspice 1/4 tsp cloves 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light Prepare sweet potato and pumpkin to recipe-ready condition. Ingredients should be room temperature. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 12 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir sweet potato and pumpkin until smooth but slightly lumpy. In separate bowl, beat eggs with Splenda and Sugar Twin. Add half and half, salt and spices and combine (with hand mixer****il well mixed. Add egg/half and half mixture to sweet potato mixture and stir by hand to mix lightly. Spoon mixture into baking dish and smooth to even out. Drop small dabs of ICBINBL over top. Bake 45 minutes, until browned at edges and cracking a bit. Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes before serving.
Liz_G_Tx
on 7/25/06 1:18 am
thanks! I have a horrible time with breakfast! This will definately help!
Mama-of-3
on 7/25/06 5:39 am - Philadelphia area, PA
I have to try something new. Everyday I eat the same thing. Oatmeal!
Darlene X
on 7/25/06 5:45 am - Maricopa, AZ
Me too, we were just talking on the way to work that we need to mix it up--- we have eaten eggs every morning for the last 3 weeks or so LOL. I know eventually Im gonna get burnt out on eggs.
Sheila A.
on 7/25/06 6:09 am - Thermal, CA
Do you eat the original oatmeal or the quickie in the microwave kind? I will have to try oatmeal. Probably would be a big nono from my doctor. Then again eating more than twice is a big with her.
Mama-of-3
on 7/25/06 6:29 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Sheila, I sent you an email. =)
miminjoey
on 7/26/06 1:22 am - Fort Bragg, NC
i'll have to try the tomato turkey sasuage...i can not eat eggs or do dairy products so breakfast well basically amounts to beacon around here...Thanks!!! Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views