Large Rib Cage? Broad Shoulders?

Darlene X
on 7/24/06 1:34 am - Maricopa, AZ
So it's totally ticking me off... I know I shouldnt be dwelling on this but I can't help it... After losing 103lbs Ive only gone down 1 shirt/top size... from 26/28 to 22/24.... Im 5'11 and currently 235lbs, shouldnt I be smaller?? ARGHHHHHHH... and yes Ive tried 18/20 top's on, and they are way too tight... so it's not just like Im wearing bigger clothes because thats what Im used to. Then on top of that reading bra sizes in the below post.... ok, why is it that some people who are in bigger or similar top sizes are wearing such smaller bra's? I just bought new bra's Saturday.... 44 B's.... previous to surgery I was wearing tight 46C's... OK so how does that work??? How does losing 103lbs translate into going down such few clothing sizes? I do have broad shoulders, is my rib cage super HUGE or something??? Im just frustrated to heck! Yeah Yeah, dwell on the loss... 103lbs is great...... but it seems at this rate I'll be at goal and still wearing huge plus sized shirts!! Ok, sorry about the vent... Darlene 338/235/170
(deactivated member)
on 7/24/06 2:20 am - PA
Darlene - I think you are probably built like me. I have broad shoulders and a wide ribcage. Large bone structure. I actually got measured this weekend for a bra at Victoria's Secret and the little girl (sorry I can't call her sales lady - she was probably 16) said I was a 38DD. 38DD!!!! I was a 40C before surgery and my bra cups were too big. I didn't think that I could be a DD. I tried on a couple of bras in that size and I was right. They were too big. The 38 was right, but the DD was wrong. Too bad. It would have been fun being a DD! Anyway, there are people that weigh the same as I do at aproximately the same height, but they are in smaller sizes. There is even a lady in my group that weighs 20lbs more than I do and is 4 inches shorter and is in smaller sizes even though I LOOK thinner. Its those big bones. My collarbones stick out now and I can't imagine what they will look like at my goal weight. Its to the point where people are already asking me how much more weight I am planning to lose. You can shrink those curves, but those bones aren't going anywhere. I guess we will just have to accept that we were never meant to be waifs! Kathy
miminjoey
on 7/24/06 7:19 am - Fort Bragg, NC
maybe you have lost more weight in your lower half...for me I have dropped 7 inches in my waist lost 3 in my rib cage area and like 3 inmy arms and not crap in my leggs. So as my shirts have gotten smaller my lower half really hasn't...maybe you are just opposite of me? Also...even though I am smaller on the top...i still have broad shoulders and a large rib cage...i am 5' 9...my niece is 6' and built like you and I mimi
luckycat1
on 7/24/06 8:49 am - Cincinnati, OH
I have broad shoulders and am considered big bone :>). But I have lost most of my weight in the upper area. Yup went from a 48 DD to a 42 C. When I do not have on one of my newer bras the girls just hang. I went from a 4x shirt to a 1x to an XL depending on where I get it. Now my bottoms are a different story. I just got back from JC Penny's I had to get a new dress skirt for interviews. I tried on an 18 fit in the waist but tight around my big belly--the 20 is too big in the waist but fits in the belly area. I also exercise about 4-5x a week so maybe that is the key. :>) Take care and keep up the great work! MJ
cathelewis
on 7/24/06 12:03 pm
I'm an apple shape, with wide shoulders. I carry most of my weight in my upper torso. At first, it seemed like all the weight was coming off my butt and thighs, not my belly where I really need it. It took awhile for my top half to catch up with my bottom half in terms of weight loss. Then it seemed like *poof* overnight I dropped a lot of inches up top. I went from a 46DD to a 38DDD. Yeah, DDD. My boobs got bigger. I figure some of the fat must have migrated up there or something. Can that happen? Anyway, hang in there. The weight loss in your upper body will come. Take care, Cathe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views