REC- Couscous Salad

~ Stylz ~
on 7/22/06 7:14 am - North of Boston, MA
I went to a BBQ last week and had the most delicious couscous salad! I've been on this black bean kick lately and now that corn is fresh at the farm stands I stopped in and picked up enough to make this. I added a tablespoon of parmesan cheese on top of it for extra protein. SO GOOD!! Couscous Salad 1 cup uncooked couscous, whole wheat 1 1/4 cups chicken broth 3 T. olive oil 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (I didn't add cumin) 8 green onions, chopped 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen) 2-15oz cans black beans, drained salt and pepper to taste bring chicken broth to a boil and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro and beans. Toss to coat. Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add vegetable/bean mix to pot and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. This can be served hot or cold, the longer it sits, the more enhanced the flavors are! Makes 8 servings, 10.5 grams of protein per serving!
jomamma
on 8/1/06 3:24 pm - Palmdale, CA
I made this salad yesterday and I cant get enough of it!! I really really like it, it just hits the spot. Im looking forward to having it for breakfast tomorrow!! Thanks so much for the recipe!!
~ Stylz ~
on 8/2/06 6:03 am - North of Boston, MA
I know what you mean about not getting enough of it!! the flavors are great together, I love this stuff! its so good and full of protein (sometimes I zap it in the microwave for a min and add a T of shredded parm to the top for extra protein).
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views