saw doc today - not a happy camper

timsdanni
on 7/21/06 12:19 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
saw my reg. doc today (not my surgoen) to get some refills on pills, epi pens, BC stuff like that and he noticed my knees were a bit swollen - I told him they ache a LOT so he asked for a list of my activitys I am now grounded from step arobics, jogging (not that fun anyway nanners) bike riding other than light flat land short trips, kick boxing and most everything else I have learned to love in the last few months. I am alowed to do water arobics (great they from 6 to 7 pm - ummm not working well in my household) pilates and yoga and the eliptical as long as I keep the incline low and the resistance low. oh and I can walk so what exactly am I suppose to do for cardio????!?!?!? do I stop eating since I will drop from burning avg. 1000 calories a day to burning 300 - maybe? I only eat 850-1050 calories a day now so what do I cut food or protien drinks??? GRRRRR I am soooooooo frustated over this. I know that your basal metablism burns some calories as does chasing toddlers and house work but I have been doing that PLUS working out like crazy and I can't ride the canyon with Tim in the morning and I want to cry - I have worked sooo sooo hard so that we could do that togerther and he has been so sweet helping me get to the point I was willing to even TRY it this weekend. sorry to vent all over you'll I am just so upset - I go back next Fri to see what the xrays of my knees look like - I don't even care right now - even if they need fixing we are moving in 2 months so they can't really do anything at this point danni
~ Stylz ~
on 7/21/06 1:35 pm - North of Boston, MA
sorry to hear you can't work out like you were, but taking care of your knees is more important than excessive cardio. just because the water aerobic classes are late in the day and you can't make them, does that mean you can't use the pool during the day? Swimming is a great exercise and theres no impact on joints. Kinda confused that the doctor said you can't use the bike other than light flat land short trips, but you can use the eliptical machine at a low incline and resistance? Id think any workout on an eliptical machine would be more impact than a long or short bike ride.. good luck at your dr. appt next week!
sparkles
on 7/23/06 1:19 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Danni, All I do is water aerobics.. I just dont have that drive that you have though I want to get into kick boxing soon. Let me give you a few tips since the times arent good for you. "Jog" in the water, always land flat footed, keep your tummy tight and only go until the water splits your chest (about nipple level - sorry) Do half jumping jacks (arms never come out of the water, just come to water level). "run" thru tires. We have black lane lines in our pool and basically treat it like you would if you were on a football team. Little kicks- kicking your leg out to a very small height in front of you then gradually get higher and then higher like a can can girl. jump like a frog- back straight, tummy tight, jump and try to touch your heels, but dont lean into it. cross country- just like the skiing... kinda looks like a 20's dance. lol. between each song, keep jogging. Dont stop jogging... always land flat footed, or your legs will cramp up HARD. don't forget to stretch out before hand. Bring upbeat music to do this to. It makes it easier. Part of our warm up is to jog in a circle and switch directions several times during the song. When you switch directions, you increase resistance, which builds more calories. I sugges****er shoes to keep from getting cramps in your legs. You can do this!
timsdanni
on 7/23/06 5:56 am - Ft Stewart, GA
ok all of this makes sence and is a HUGE help!! I have been to ONE water arobics class with my mom over a yr ago and I just followed along - I will get over to the indoor pool tomorrow (monday) and see if I can get into the Pysical theraphy ones early in the am b/c those I could do. thanks for your support!! I NEED it! hugs danni
miminjoey
on 7/23/06 11:55 am - Fort Bragg, NC
hit the indoor pool and do lap swimming, also try the stationairy bike...much easier on the knees then an actual bike....just go for distance rather resistance. Also get wehat ever you can documented in your records so if there is a problem you won't ahve to do all the test over when you get to your next duty station. let me know what they say Friday. Mimi
timsdanni
on 7/23/06 12:07 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
went today and found out it is $25 a month for water arobics 3 days a week - mwf from 5:30-6:30 I suppose if they had REALLY tryed they could have found a time that worked worse for my family but I am not sure when oh well I will have supper ready at 4:30 or so when Tim gets home from work and he says he doesn't mind watching the boys - granny and I can go together at least so that is a plus, she will be getting some exersize too hope it helps her knees and back get better pray that tim watching the boys 3 nights a week doesn't turn out to be an excuse for them to get to stare at the TV every time. will keep you updated danni
miminjoey
on 7/24/06 12:14 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I am going to try and make it there too...but 5:30 is a horrible time!!! that is dinner time at my house. I guess I will do like you and have dinner ready....then again some days...Joey isn't even home until after 6:30. I wonder if the 425 is for so many classes or for the month and if you miss classes oh well? probably is...I should call and ask because that really is a bad time. Do you know who the instructor is? Thanks for the info...hope to see you tonight. Mimi
sparkles
on 7/24/06 12:33 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Wow..t hats a really good price.. I'm paying 21 bucks a week for 3 classes.. I wanna go where you are!! You can do this! Keep enjoying your journey!
Melissa P.
on 7/24/06 1:16 am - Aurora, IL
Water aerobics is cardio too! Everytime I do water aerobics, I lose 2 pounds.
sparkles
on 7/24/06 4:22 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I was reading that with 1 hour of water aerobics (working hard) you can burn up to 750 calories.. I know I sweat a ton while I'm in the water.. Oh.. and Danni, Don't forget to be drinking while you do this.. you don't wanna get dehydrated.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views