While on Vacation I experienced new symptoms....

jomamma
on 7/21/06 5:27 pm - Palmdale, CA
I have been one of the lucky ones, dont have any problems with food at all. I can eat just about anything and my pouch handles it really well!! I do not touch sugar or breads. Breads, cookies, donuts, bagels...all that good stuff was my weakness so I have a fear that if I have any now I will not stop. Im afraid to have sugar free cookies or cake also. ANYWAY while away on vacation I would get a HORRIBLE pressure in my chest while eating a meal. Never had this before, havent had it since Ive been home but had it many times on our trip. Anyone experience this? Know what causes it?? I was eating different foods (we were in Singapore and Borneo) and maybe it was the way foods were cooked??? Help me figure this one out. THANKS
Rick A.
on 7/22/06 1:22 am - Far Northern, CA
Hi JoAnn, I can only speak from my personal expierence. I have had pressure or maybe even pain in my chest on a few instances. The pain is usually high up where I guess my pouch is. It has happened when I either ate to much or didn't chew well enough. At first I thought I was going to die and was very close to calling the emergency number for my program coordinator. This has lasted anywhere from and hour to almost two hours. It isn't as scarry anymore now that I know what it is and that it will pass. When this happened to me I also expierenced the "foamies". All of the mucus and saliva just kept coming up until the offending item passed through my pouch. The last time I didn't chew up a multivitimen well enough and I had to leave work. The good news is that it doesn't usually last long and I know what to expect. Hope you don't continue to have this problem. Good luck, Rick
Courtney B.
on 7/22/06 3:43 am - Lancaster, CA
Hey you. You are back? How was the trip? CALL ME! Anywho on to your question, I have noticed that certain thing**** me differently. I cant eat but 2-3 bites of any steak now, but can eat 2 oz of chicken. ANY sugar now renders me completely useless for at least a day with sharp stabbing pains across my entire stomach area. So taking my calcium has been a challenge (remember I take the Citracal chews) As I get out farther, I can still not eat anymore than I could at 2 months. I think this is a good thing. You saw how much I ate at Subway that day. I never did finish that damn wrap! lol If in doubt, call Julie with a list of the ingrediants that bothered you and see what she has to say. Only reason I havent called about my pains is because I found the culprit and I know what she will say. "so dont eat any sugar" Ok, lady, call me! Courtney
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views