WOW

Darlene X
on 7/19/06 6:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
Just bored, posting a wow since no one is talking today.... Like 2 years ago around Christmas our church was putting together some packages of stuff for some needy families. I drew getting a few size L shirts for the Father. So off to Walmart I went and bought 3 size L shirts. Long story short, I ended up getting sick, missed Church the day we gave everything, the lady who was supposed to pick them up didn't... and they ended up getting put in our closet and forgotten about. I tried to give the shirts away but all the guys in Hubbys family are XL-2XL kind of guys... Ok now to the present--- Hubby and I had a big fight Friday night, I was ticked off and couldnt sleep so started clearing out our walk in closet, wanted to organize my bigger clothes Im gonna give away or donate... anyway I found these 3 shirts.... Just for the heck of it I decided to try one on (One was a polo shirt and I wear those to work sometimes).... And I bet you guess the end of the story! IT FIT!!!!!!! Me, in a size L shirt????? Just a few short months ago I was wearing size 3XL Walmart men's Polo's and they were a little on the tight side! Now if I only I could go down some sizes in female clothing! hehehe So today at work Im wearing the polo shirt Anyway thats it for me
Courtney B.
on 7/19/06 6:38 am - Lancaster, CA
Thats cool, Darlene. Doesnt it feel GGGGOOOOOOODDD??? I FINALLY broke down a couple months ago and got out of my 4xl shirts (yes 4xl!) I went down from 4xl, to just XL in 2 months. When I bought them, I stretched them after every wash and hung them on chairs to dry. NOW I dont even stretch them and they are almost ready to be dried. Im still not ready to go down to L. Why cant WOMENS clothes be THAT cheap? (I buy the mens shirts from Walmart for 3-6 bucks.) Courtney HW 271/ SW 254/ CW 197/ Surgeon GW 150/ Personal GW 135
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/19/06 11:05 am - My Town, NH
Darlene, that's a great wow! I love going shopping in my own closet. It's really inexpensive! Here's to smaller and smaller sizes for all of us! - Stephanie
Shari B.
on 7/19/06 12:11 pm - Roseville, MI
Darlene, That must have been so exciting for you. I'll share a story too. Five years ago when I got married my Mom bought me a button down denim shirt to wear when I had my hair done for my wedding day. I loved that shirt. A few months before surgery I found it in my closet and thought, I can't wait until the day I can get in that shirt again. Not that it's small by any means. Anyway, it now fits with slack! It seems like one day things are too tight and then a few weeks later they can be too big. I guess one of the beauties of this surgery!! Shari 340/265/140
miminjoey
on 7/20/06 3:49 am - Fort Bragg, NC
hehehe don't you just love it!!! the other day my husband came home and I was headed to my doctor's appointment and he goes, what do you have on?? I just smiled and said all my clothes are too big....he goes Ski warned me this would happen! ( Ski is a friend of ours his wife had the surgery 3 years ago) congratulations!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views