Papaya Enzymes

Jacqueline P.
on 7/18/06 8:19 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hello everyone, I was wondering if someone could tell me what these do? I have heard Darlene talk about them on here, but am curious. I have heard they have to do with the digestive system, but am not sure. I am 4 months out and have aches every so often in my pouch, so I was wondering if these would help?
Darlene X
on 7/18/06 8:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
I SWEAR BY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly EVERY post-op should carry them in their purse, bag whatever! Whenever I eat too fast, and things hurt going down, or are sitting really heavy, I eat about 4 of them--- chewable and taste pretty good, and within 5 minutes any pain is gone, and I can normally resume eating too. July 4th I ate some corn (I think that was the culprit), and WOAh it hit me mard, going down very painfully! I felt sick, I lay on the couch, wasn't sure if I was gonna puke or not--- told Hubby to get me my Papaya Enzymes, and took 4--- 5 minutes later I was back outside swimming. Same thing happened at support group the other week, I ate my first few bites too fast--- I didnt have mine with me, but a girl from our support group did--- took a few, and felt fine a few minutes later,. Papaya supplies the proteolytic enzyme papain, which aids in the digestion of proteins. So essentially the enzymes help break the food down quickly. What's stuck get's broken up, and passes... MUCH better than lying down for 30 minutes- 1 hour in pain as the food passes.
Sheila A.
on 7/19/06 2:16 am - Thermal, CA
Thanks for the info, I will try these! Sheila
Darlene X
on 7/18/06 8:30 am - Maricopa, AZ
Oh and GNC brand taste best--- the one's the girl at support group gave me had a nasty after taste... but the GNC ones are delicious! And CHEAP The guy at GNC said people take them daily just to help their digestive systems...Enzymes help to ease digestion, release vital nutrients and support a healthy digestive function
Jacqueline P.
on 7/18/06 3:25 pm - Las Vegas, NV
You are the best. Thank you so much for the info. Like I said, I had read your post before saying you were crazy about them, so I needed to get the scoop. I just picked some up at Wal-Mart, but the 2nd ingrediant is Sugar, is that ok? Please advise, as I don't want to end up sick.
Darlene X
on 7/18/06 10:45 pm - Maricopa, AZ
How much is a serving? And how many g's in a serving? Is it undder what your surgeon okay's? It depends on how sensitive to sugar you are. Im not... so I can take 4 easily... but my friend at support group only takes 1 or 2 when she feels sick, because she is more sensitive to sugar. I use these whenever I eat too fast--- so maybe twice a month....
Jacqueline P.
on 7/19/06 12:51 am - Las Vegas, NV
A serving is 4 tablets, and there is only 2g of sugar. I was just told to stay awy from Sugar, dextrose, fructose, and any other oses in the sugar family, so I wasn't sure.
Darlene X
on 7/19/06 1:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well in my opinion they are talking about foods.... so it's your choice.... These are a lifesaver.... and if 2g of sugar helps me to stop feeling sick and being in pain 2 hours or so as the food works through... Im good LOL Plus you only use on an od occasion... but really, keep them on hand, they are great.
sngglnclos
on 7/19/06 1:35 am - sw burbs, MN
I use to take these for heartburn and after taking them ...no heartburn!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views