### 07/17 What Did Ya Eat Today?

Darlene X
on 7/17/06 7:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
Well Im having an ok day!!! I just got a call that my Angelette--- is out of her surgery and in recovery, everything went well! Thats a relief for me, Im so proud of her too, she was very nervous (Im sure we all remember that!) and I was a little worried she was going to back out--- she looked into WLS a few years back, and chickened out..... we work together, and she was the person who originally got me looking into WLS in more detail for EJ. Anyway mostly a good day, except we are kind of running out of food, so I had nothing to bring for snacks today--- I need to go grocery shopping tonight! We are also getting a little sick of salad for lunch--- so need some new ideas, will welcome any! Quick easy ideas as we rush to get everything done in the morning. Breakfast: Southwestern egg beaters (Equivalent to 1 egg)-- with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese & a teaspoon of salsa. Snack: None Lunch: Salad--- 2oz chicken, 1/2 oz of peanuts, 3 slices of apple, lettuce, onion, bell pepper & dressing ----- I didn't eat it all, food didnt seem very appealing today. Snack: None Dinner: Im making home made chicken noodle soup--- white breast meat, egg noodles, carrots, onion, green beans, broth & spices. Water--- Ive done 50oz, will do another bottle at home... Vitamins: Ive had 2 multi/ iron & a B-12 so far... I will do 2 citracal calcium chews in a few hours--- that can be my snack! LOL
Darlene X
on 7/17/06 8:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
*** I forgot to add: That was 660 calories & 52g of protein today...... so kind of low...
luckycat1
on 7/17/06 9:14 am - Cincinnati, OH
breakfast- double protein drink snack-double protein drink lunch-1/2 of a jr bbq cheesebuger from wendy's w/o bread plus 1/4 cup of green beans snack-12 oz decaf skim latte (hey I get fluids plus protein) dinner-1.5 oz of talipa and 1/4 cup of green beans water-well not doing too good today-only about 20 oz of clear water today. I wll drink another 20 when I go work out--swimming in about an hour.
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/06 9:29 am - AZ
Hey Darlene, I usually pack my lunch at night before I go to bed. In the morning I just grab my bag from the fridge, get the ice packs out of the freezer and add them to the bag. I'm always in a rush in the morning because I LOVE the snooze alarm! A couple easy things for lunch: 1) Hormel Chili in the microwaveable cup - it's 7 3/8 oz, 220 calories, 6 g fat and 13 g of protein. Sometimes I can't fini**** but it's quick and easy. 2) I will sometimes cook a couple chicken breasts on Sunday, slice them up and leave them in the fridge. I'll toss some in a container with a sauce (TJ mojito sauce or TJ red sauce that is kind of like enchilada sauce) or even with some salsa and cheese. You could do SF BBQ sauce or anything you heart desires. 3) Meatballs - I like the TJ frozen ones but you can get them at any grocery store. I'll pack frozen ones in my lunch because by lunch time they are mostly defrosted and I'll be putting them in the microwave anyway. Add your favorite sauce for a quick and easy lunch. Today we had a potluck lunch with my department. We have so many good cooks! I didn't get to try a little of everything because there was just too much. Everyone loved the taco soup that I brought. Breakfast: 2 pieces of string cheese and 1 serving of melba toast crackers Lunch: 1/4 cup of taco soup, 1/4 cup gazpacho, 3 med shrimp, 1 oz of chicken, 2 grape tomatoes, 5 fresh raspberries, 2 grapes snack: trail mix Dinner: TBD Snack: TBD I've done 45 oz of water so I need to start drinking!
Darlene X
on 7/17/06 9:37 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Girl!!!! Thanks for the shirts!!! Im wearing one today hehehe. It was nice to meet you!!! The chicken & enchilada sauce sounds good, I'll talk to Hubby about that one. He can't stand store bought meatballs though---- serves me right for ever making him home made meatballs-- now anything that's not "my" meatballs are yucky LOL I was contemplating making some home made chilli, but we shall see... Im too tired! LOL Darlene
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/06 9:53 am - AZ
It was nice to meet you too even though it was quick! It was too darn hot and humid yesterday. I'm glad you are able to use the shirts. I'd much rather give them to a fellow WLS-er than to a total stranger! It's not much fun spending money on clothes that we only wear for a month or less. So make your chili and meatballs and freeze some in portion sized containers! That way you always have something in the freezer that you can toss in your lunch boxes. I'm not so good about cutting recipes in half or less so I always have lots in the freezer that I can pull out for lunch or dinner. I've also taken a lot of food to my neighbors and family the last few months! *lol*
timsdanni
on 7/17/06 10:32 am - Ft Stewart, GA
protien shake artichoke proiten shake shared chines with mom at the mall - 1/4 cup seasme chicken, less than that of beef and veggies, 1 T fried rice, 1 small bite noodles slice of munster 2 oz pork marninated in redwine viniger with garlic and onions, 2 slices of beets, 2 slices of zuchini and onions, 2 T whole grain rice a roni before bed snack will be another protien shake made with butter milk for a total of 890 calories and 105 protien I was GOOD today and tracked it all on fitday - gotta do that EVERYDAY again. I am of two minds over my food/exersize today - I burned 640 calories and ate 890 - guess that is good but I want perfection LOL and I want it NOW Danni 372/279/170
chozen V.
on 7/17/06 11:10 am - st louis, MO
I'm doing good with liquids so far i've gotten in 3 16.9 onces of water mixed with lemonade crystal light and i plan on getting in one more bottle Breakfast: 1 sausage pattie and 1 french toast stick Lunch: 2 hotdogs with ketchup amd mustard Snack: southbeach diet bar Dinner: chicken pattie/ with half of a bun Snack: maybe a sugar free icecream bar
sngglnclos
on 7/17/06 11:31 pm - sw burbs, MN
1/2 bananna - high protien trail mix 1/2 c cottage cheese more trail mix chipotle bowl - black beans, chicken, cheese, sour cream, peppers onions
Amy I.
on 7/18/06 1:33 am - KS
It was a FAT day for me! B- Scrambled egg L- Homemade veggie soup w/ hamberger D- 1 1/2 chicken egg roll Doing better on the water! I have finally added SF lemonade to it. It gave it a little flavor! Amy I
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views