Small Loss over a month

Pat T.
on 7/17/06 11:34 am - Rome, NY
Has anyone else experienced this? I go to Curves, and I haven't been able to go for a week or so, so this snuck up on me. In the past month, I "only" lost 9.5 pounds and very minimal in inches. I am a little frustrated. I have been doing well eating, I eat mostly protein, between 50 and 60 grams a day per my doc, only good carbs, nuts, raisins, cheese. I average between 800 and 1100 calories a day. I exercise 4-5 days a week. Could it be that I am going to lose this slowly now? I have 42 pounds to go and was hoping to lose it by my 6 month anniversary. At this rate, it will take me 5 more months! I don't think I expected to lose this slowly this early out. What do you all think? I am sorry for the whine, I was disappointed today Thanks for listening. Pat
AZGirl
on 7/17/06 12:09 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Pat, According to my surgeon, good weight loss for us at this stage is 8-12 pounds per month. I bet since you have been exercising that you have built muscle too. That is what is happening to me. Last month I lost 12 pounds and gained 2.5 pounds of muscle for a net loss of 14.5 pounds. My surgeon has one of those Tanita scales that prints out all your stats. They concentrate mostly on how much muscle you lost or gained and of the weight that you did lose, how much was fat and how much was muscle. This is a more accurate way of determining true weight loss, rather than the overall weight loss. Does your surgeon/doctor have one of these scales? Even if they don't, I would bet you are gaining more muscle that you think. I exercise every day and it has been very easy to gain muscle. I fit in smaller clothes now than I did before when I was at this same weight and I know it's because of the exercise. I know it's easy to say, but, don't be disappointed...be happy! It is great that you are exercising this much and you will be so much healthier for it. You are developing good habits that will last a lifetime.
Pat T.
on 7/18/06 11:20 am - Rome, NY
Thank you for helping. You are right, I looked at my paper and my body fat percentage went down 6 %. But, I guess I just expected more. It is good to hear that I am within the 'normal' range. I am happy with my loss, I guess just got too used to big losses. Thanks again!
(deactivated member)
on 7/17/06 4:57 pm - Phoenix, AZ
ive been stuck at same weight 202 for several weeks now... glad to hear its not just me losing so slowly.
miminjoey
on 7/17/06 10:35 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I don't know...but for me...i seem to be at the slow stage...infact I have been for over a month. I think it is different for each of us...but I would say try to increase flui and protein and see if that doesn't help speed things back up. Mimi
Darlene X
on 7/17/06 10:47 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Just this last month I was stalled for 2-3 weeks..... I lost maybe 10lbs over the last month.... Ive noticed thats how my body works... it stalls for 2-3 weeks, then I start losing rapiddly.... odd's are you were in a stall for part of the month...
Pat T.
on 7/18/06 11:22 am - Rome, NY
Thanks to all of you for your help. I feel better knowing it isn't just me!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views