Question

Mama-of-3
on 7/17/06 4:29 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Does anyone know if you can substitute splenda (for baking) and brown sugar substitute in regular cookie receipes to make them "sugar free"? I received 3 kids cook books for the holidays and some of them are very simple receipes that require 4 or 5 ingredients and I was wondering if I could just substitute the sugars. I have a few WLS friends and I was hoping to make holiday goodies to give this year and making regular cookies for friends and neighbors. Gimme your thoughts.... TIA Trish
Darlene X
on 7/17/06 5:17 am - Maricopa, AZ
Splenda can be substituted Cup for Cup with sugar, so replace whatever sugar amount your recipe says with splenda and it should work. Ive made lots of recipes and just substituted splenda dn they turn out great. Im not sure about the Sugar Twin brown sugar stuff though--- someone else may know.
timsdanni
on 7/17/06 10:26 am - Ft Stewart, GA
even my WIC pnut cookies can be made with splenda but you have to let them sit a few mins longer oh easy pnut butter cookies (WIC cookies) 1 cup pnut butter 1 egg 1 cup sugar mix and bake - top with nuts or choclates if desired danni
cathelewis
on 7/17/06 1:20 pm
Nope, it won't work. Splenda doesn't work well in baked goods like cookies. You will need to use recipes developed specifically for Splenda. They do have Splenda for Baking, which is half Splenda and half sugar, which should work OK. Splenda does work well in recipes like cheesecake, that don't depend on it and flour for structure. There is also a Splenda brown sugar substitute that is a mixture of brown sugar and Splenda. Check out the FAQ on www.splenda.com for an explanation of what the different Splenda products are and how they work in baking. Hope this helps, Cathe
miminjoey
on 7/17/06 10:39 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
so glad you asked this i debated the other day to buy the brown sugar and baking spleda and put it back because I wasn't for sure if it would work...try a batch and let me know!!!
jannineh99
on 7/18/06 12:08 am - Melrose, MA
I found that Splenda makes a brown sugar mix now...you can go to the below link and check it out... Jannine 357/252/190 http://www.splenda.com/page.jhtml;jsessionid=TLWEC3FLMVZAECQPCCFSUYYKB2IIQNSC?id=splenda/products/bsb_blend.inc
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views