For those wondering why iIcan eat so much and am hungery !!!!

lizzey627
on 7/15/06 1:02 am - Dunlap, CA
I went to my doc. on july 10 and he gave a great explanation for why i am starving an want to eat more. So I thought I would share with all of you!! For people 3 to 4 months out: As time passes you will notice the ability to eat more than the volume of your pouch at a time. You may wonder if your pouch has stretched and that you might not reach your goals. YOUR POUCH HAS NOT ENLARGED; what has happened is it has become more efficient it empties faster. This is desirable and necessary otherwise you might lose too much weight. Also, hunger and cravings occur. Hunger is normal; it is your body telling that it needs nutrition or fuel. The difficulty is in determing what it is that you need. If your are craving meat,you need protein. If you are craving broccoli, you need those vitamins and minerals found in broccoli. If you are craving ice cream or a candy bar you are misinterperting the signals. So that was what he gave me i hope this helps you guys it helped menot feel so freaked. BYE LIZZEY
Mama-of-3
on 7/15/06 1:38 am - Philadelphia area, PA
LIZZEY!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for this information! I can eat and I sometimes wonder if I was eating too much but still weekly my clothing gets smaller so I guess i'm not overdoing it. I freaked a little thinking I may have stretched Oscar but I know I didn't. I am craving meat too! I need protein. I stopped my protein shakes after the 3rd month and I have not lost any hair (thank godness) so I must have good genetics as far as that goes, but I really found your information to be GREAT. Thanks for your post. Have a great weekend. Trish
miminjoey
on 7/15/06 2:44 am - Fort Bragg, NC
WHAT GOOD NEWS!!! i was starting to panic...I can eat almost 3 to 4 oz...depending on what it is...up from 1 or 2...well it seemed like a jump...but I am still loosing. This sort of makes since...I don't know how it keeps you from loosing too much...or did you mean in the begining? Because going through fast would cause you to loose faster I would think Mimi
Pat T.
on 7/15/06 3:52 am - Rome, NY
Lizzey, Thank you so much for that information! I was getting worried. I can eat a little more, and I am hungry! I worry so much that my pouch can enlarge, and it is nice to know that as long as I don't overdo it, I am ok. Pat
timsdanni
on 7/15/06 4:47 am - Ft Stewart, GA
ok THANK YOU that makes sence - i was worried I was ruining mr pouch b/c I can eat more and I don't want to stop losing and this is going with a platue so I was worrying danni
tpandk7777
on 7/15/06 5:35 am - London, Canada
Oh my goodness! You just made my day. I too was afraid that I was failing. I knew that I wasn't eating even close to what I used to but I was eating more and that made me very nervous. Thanks for making me a happy camper again! Pam
miminjoey
on 7/15/06 9:31 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I know I already replied to this once...but have to add....talk about cravings...I have been eatting tomatoes and radishes just like anyone else would apples and bananas...and my homemade salsa ( it has tomatoe, jalepeno, garlic, onion, fresh cilantro) so bad I could smell the garlic coming through my poors when I worked out yesterday.( ewwww!) LOL Mimi
lizzey627
on 7/15/06 10:28 pm - Dunlap, CA
Hey everyone Im so glad this helped you guys it did me to to let you know i had an eating week I ATE!! and i told you i went to the doctor on monday. So i decide to put my self to test i would way again on friday and if i had gained weight i would no for for sure there was a problem with all the eating! I was craving weired things to like tomatoes witch i never really liked but boy they are good now. On friday i went to doc to way guess whAt I lost 3 lbs. sense monday. from 212 to 209 I never felt so good with loseing 3 smal lbs cuz i was so afraid but i also new i was hungery. So dont worry girls an guys ! listen to your body eat like yoyur suppose to an just enjoy the ride. LIZZEY
chozen V.
on 7/17/06 3:16 am - st louis, MO
Thanks for the info because i thought i was over doing it. I thought i was eating too much but i guess i'm normal after all, once again thanks for the info
Bev V.
on 7/17/06 7:23 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks so much, Lizzey! This is why I check in with the "Marchers" regularly - everyone here is in the same boat I am. I've been worried, too, because I can eat more. I still get the internal message "enough", but not as soon as before. It really does make sense when I think about it. Another reason could be that I'm moving around so much more than I have for years! - my body needs fuel for that. I've lost 55 lbs. all told since my original consult, and feel better than I have in years - what a miracle. Bev V
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views