### 07/14 What Did Ya Eat Today?

Darlene X
on 7/14/06 6:49 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Guys! Im having a good day--- a lady from the AZ board contacted me, she has a lot of clothing for me, and Hubby! She is a Lapband and so is her Hubby! YAY WLS couples hehe. Anyway Im gonna get some stuff from her, and 1 or 2 other people and check out Savers Thrift store tomorrow... and hopefully I'll be set for a while. next thing to work on is underwear--- anyone have any? LOL JK We had lunch today provided for us at work, some silly Jimmy Buffet Cheeseburgery in Paradise lunch for making 1.4 billion dollars last month--- thats nice, skip the cheeseburger--- give me some cash! LOL Breakfast: 2.5oz Low Fat Cottage Cheese with 1/4 diced tomato, a little diced red onion, salt and pepper. Snack: 2oz chicken breast & 5 apple slices (About 1/2 an apple) Lunch: 1/3 a Sirloin burger pattie (About 2oz), a slice of cheese, slice of tomato, thin slice of red onion, ketchup & a teeny bite of baked beans. Snack: 6oz Lite Yogurt Dinner: Stuffed Onions--- Hubby is cooking, these are YUMMY the red onion get's sweet and delicious. He stuffs the onion with diced chicken, jalapenos, onion, spices & cheese....mmmmmmm Water: Will have 48oz done before I leave-- more tonight. That will be 844 calories & 68g of protein today! (Give or take a few) EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!
Sheila A.
on 7/14/06 7:26 am - Thermal, CA
Okay I just had my followup phone appointment. 3 month f/u, a little late. Anyhow, Dr. Ellner says I should only be having 1-2 meals a day. That is counting my protein shake in the AM as one meal. I am really gonna try and do that today and manana, we will see how it goes. Other than that, my labs are good, my weight loss is on target. I don't know why I just feel like I am being scolded after that conversation. Must just be me.
Darlene X
on 7/14/06 7:59 am - Maricopa, AZ
1-2 MEALS A DAY??? WHAT???? So he wants you to have your protein shake which counts as 1 meal, and only 1 more during the day--- or am I completely misunderstanding what you said? That seems very wacko to me if I read that right... there is no way you could get in the needed calories to live!!!
Sheila A.
on 7/14/06 8:12 am - Thermal, CA
That is what she told me. So I was thinking, I am really overeating. I told her I had been eating salads, my toolkit said I could at 3 months, she was all over me about that, I had to stop her and tell her I had only recently been eating salads, I did wait until 3 months. I know I know, I hung up just wanting to cry. Maybe cuz I just had my monthly visitor and I haven't had one in years. This is what I can add 3rd month If you are doing well with the previous month's food, you may add the following: ? Sashimi (no rice) ? All vegetables, cooked (chew 'em up well and eat slowly!) ? If you're doing well with the cooked ones, try raw vegetables (here's a hint: try a little plain, low fat yogurt with dill for a dip) ? Chunky salsa ? Salad (finally!) with low or non-fat dressing ? All fruit, as tolerated (remember, this is a small treat/dessert to be enjoyed AFTER protein, at the end of the meal. Thanks for the encouragment Darlene
Darlene X
on 7/14/06 8:50 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sheila, There is something VERY wrong with being a WLS patient and been told only to eat twice a day--- I would question that--- Thats crazy! That would cause serious dips in blood sugar, slowing down of your metabolism etc... I mean I know some surgeons want no snacking, but still 3 meals a day. Mine is 3 meals a day, 2 snacks.... There is something wrong with that advice.... could you have misunderstood her at all?
Sheila A.
on 7/14/06 12:56 pm - Thermal, CA
I have been wondering if maybe I misunderstood her. I will call again on Monday and just double check with her. I am 5'1" tall and should weigh around 125. I was 283 preop and am now 228. I am eating 3 small meals and occasionally snacks, not everyday snacks. A SF popsicle is a snack for me. Just wanted to thank everyone for their concern. Have a great weekend.
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/06 9:47 am - AZ
I'm with Darlene on this one. If you don't get in your protein and enough calories you body will go into starvation mode and you won't lose weight. Per my nutrionist, at 3 months out you should be eating 800-1000 calories a day, depending on your activity level. I can't see how you can manage to get that many calories in if you are only eating 1-2 meals a day. If you only drink protein shakes you could develop "soft food syndrome" where you have difficulty eating anything that's not soft. Do you have a nutrionist that you can double check this with because something seems very wrong. Please know that I just want everyone to be happy and healthy. What your surgeon just told you doesn't sound very healthy so I'm concerned for you.... Elizabeth
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/06 9:40 am - AZ
Hye Darlene, Did you get my email? I sent it to the account you have registered with OH and I haven't heard back from you. I have tops for you including a couple suit jackets/blazers. Email me at [email protected]. I'm going to Chandler on Sunday afternoon so I'll be near your part of town... Breakfast: Kroger Lite Yogurt with grape nuts and some fresh blackberries. Grape nuts are fairly high in calories, protein rich, and they satisfy the need to CRUNCH! Lunch: mac & cheese (homemade lowfat) with ground turkey - about 1/2 cup total Snack: 2 babybel light cheese rounds and 4 round melba crackers Dinner: TBD Snack: probably a SF popsicle Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend! Elizabeth
Darlene X
on 7/14/06 9:51 am - Maricopa, AZ
Elizabeth! Yeah I got your e-mail. I was going to e-mail back today but figured I'd give you a call tonight or tomorrow.... What time are you gonna be in Chandler Sunday Afternoon? Darlene
BabyRuth2u
on 7/14/06 10:03 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Great news on the clothes! I had to go out today to get some stuff for work. I've had a crazy day. I had two temp agencies calling me back and forth all morning about stuff. I did get something (a receptionist position) for 2-4 weeks perhaps longer period. I had only one pair of pants and a blouse appropriate for work. ( I had got it last week for an interview). So I added two more pair of pants today, and 3 shirts. So that should hold me for a little while. I got two of the things on sale/clearance racks, but the others were just reg sale or reg price. I think in the two places we shopped totaled just over 100 dollars. So not too bad I guess. I should be able to wear the pants for awhile. I'm able to fit into lots of 20wp's I tried! That in itself is unbelievable!! So anyways... food for the day. Breakfast: 1/4 c. LF cottage cheese; 4 grape tomatos Mid morn: 120 cal, 30 gm protein shake Lunch: 1/2 cheeseburger patty; 1/4 c. salad with LF dressing; 1 hushpuppy; 2 nacho chips with meat and cheese on them. Dinner: 1/4 lettuce, onion, grape tomato with can of light tuna, good seasons dressing 2tbs. Eve: will probably do a protein shake before night is over didnt do good on water. Only on my 2nd full bottle now. I did like 1-1/2 earlier today. I DID go to the gym! Made sure to do that first thing today before anything else! And good thing I did, it has been a busy crazy day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views