### 07/13 What Did Ya Eat Today?

Darlene X
on 7/13/06 7:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
Today I actually worked out everything I ate on fitday.com! I know I should have been, but at first it didnt seem worth it because I wasn't eating enough calories to worry--- but now I can eat more I figured I better work it out--- plus Hubby at 9+ months can eat quite a lot more and we want to keep an eye on what he is consuming too. he is stalled & fluctuating with water weight, so it was nice to see the calories. I also worked out our BMR's so we can see what we are burning and compare it to what Im consuming. This morning we made a commitment to only eat 1oz of cheese a day (Starting tomorrow)--- cheese & crackers has really begun to be very unhealthy and high in calories for us--- so today when I started working out my stuff on fitday I actually threw out my crackers, summer sausage & peanuts--- evil calories LOL Thanks Ruth for posting the daily goal--- it made me accountable! Breakfast: 2.5oz Low fat Cottage cheese with 1/4 diced tomato, some finely diced red onion and to taste, salt & pepper. Snack: 1oz Jalapeno & Habanero Cheese with 5 apple slices (The ones you buy pre-cut in the bag-- about 1/2 an apple) --- I gave up the crackers for the apple YAY. Lunch: Salad- 2.5oz grilled salmon, 1 lettuce leaf, red onion, red pepper, tomato & lite sweet vidalia onion dressing. Snack: 6oz Lite Yogurt. Dinner: 2oz rotisserie chicken & 3 apple slices. Water--- 47 oz so far, and will do another bottle at home tonight. Vitamins: 1 multi w/ iron so far, im about to start drinking again so will take my B-12 and another multi. Calcium later That makes a total of 810 calories & 60g protein! My BMR is 1919 calories, so Im doing good
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/06 8:25 am - AZ
Breakfast: 8oz Kroger lite yogurt snack: 11.5 oz tomato juice lunch: ~2.5 oz of chicken, 1/4 c of hummus and less than a 1/4 of a piece of pita from Pita Jungle snack: 1/4 c trail mix (I love this as a snack) dinner: will be chicken with red sauce (a sauce I found at Trader Joes) with Mozz cheese melted on top snack: probaby a SF popsicle - I forgot how much I liked these! About 40 oz of water in so far today and will try to get another 15-20 oz before I leave work. I'll drink at least another 32 oz at the gym/afterward. Hope everyone has had a wonderful day!
Laura A.
on 7/13/06 9:23 am - Manteca, CA
My food for today... Breakfast: protein drink Morning snack: 4oz carb & sugar control yogurt, slice of deli ham and a slice of cheddar cheese rolled up Other morning snack: AcheivOne Hazelnut drink Lunch: 1/2 of a spinach and cheese omlette, 2 strawberries Dinner: not sure yet......maybe soup Water: not so good today.....only at about 30oz so far Darlene....what is BMR?
Darlene X
on 7/13/06 9:40 am - Maricopa, AZ
Laura, You use energy no matter what you're doing, even when sleeping. The BMR Calculator will calculate your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR); the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day. It's pretty much the calories you burn just to keep your organs running... if you were in a comatose state..... it doesn't include any excersise or movement, you can calculate your BMR here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ So when I enter my info in, I know that at the very minimum with no excerise Im burning 1919 calories a day. This gets lower the older you are (Slower metabolism), as you lose more weight (The less you weight the less calories your body uses) etc It's a VERY important thing to know, because when you get to goal weight and your trying to maintain, or gain/lose it gives you an indication of what you need to eat to do so. If your BMR is 1500 calories, and your burning about 300 calories with excersise... then if you eat above 1800 calories a day you will gain weight Weight loss after all does simply come down to calories in, calories out....
BabyRuth2u
on 7/13/06 9:24 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Ok first let me say that I did not meet one of my goals. I did not go to the gym. And I see that waiting to go later in the day is not a good thing. I'm at my best when I go in the morning after DH is off to work, I've had my meds and my breakfast. I'm going to stay positive by thinking that 2 out of 3 aint bad!! Breakfast: Switched up my protein shake and breakfast. So for breakfast I had an AchievOne coffee drink, 20gm protein, 120 cal. Mid morn: 2 wedges of LC LF cheese on two saltine crackers Lunch: About a 1/2 c. lettuce, some onion and about 4 grape tomatos with 1 can of light tuna=120 cals; 23 gm protein on it. Dressing was 2 tbs good seasons italian. Mid afternoon: Another AchievOne coffee drink. 20 gm protein, 120 cal. Between here somewhere I got hungry, or so I thought. Made a 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese, ate about 1/4 c. of it. Dinner: 2 oz cubed turkey breast sauteed with onions and light soy sauce, about a 1/4 ear of corn on the cob (some olive oil butter on it) I feel like I ate all day! My calorie total for the day on fitday.com is 844, which I would say is probably where we should be right? Why do I feel like I ate waaaaaaaaaay too much???? And again, I'm going to the gym during the day, I think that helps me overall with how my day goes and my appetite. I did get my 64 oz of water in today! woohoo!! I'll shoot for a little more before nights end. I'll think on tomorrows goals in addition to those I planned for today. The three things I listed are things I should do everyday without fail. So tomorrow I'll add something new. Hope everyone had a great day!
Darlene X
on 7/13/06 9:43 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ruth!!!! Great job, even if you only made 2 out of 3! I finished all my vitamins, so I met my goals YAY... if I had made an exercise goal I probably wouldnt have made it LOL I feel like Im eating a lot too, and I was right around your calories... Im thinking at this stage 700-900 calories is probably good. I think I'll aim for around 800 a day.... 6-9 months out I'll aim for 1200. Darlene
rowEn
on 7/14/06 12:57 am - Huntsville, AL
B: Vanilla Zoic shake L: About 1 cup of salad greens, some diced tomato and green online, and 1/2 cup of boiled shrimp. 1 tablespoon of Ranch dressing. Snack before Curves: One string cheese. D: About 1 cup of salad and 1/2 a chicken breast diced up and added for protein. 1 tablespoon of Ranch dressing. Got all 64oz of water in, but just barely!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views