Setting goals for the day?

BabyRuth2u
on 7/13/06 12:14 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I'm thinking today that I need to start setting daily goals. As with several of the posts this past week, it seems that some of us are starting to have a harder time losing weight, or we feel maybe we're eating too much, that maybe we aren't following things like we should be. I know for me I don't want to take things for granted and get off track so early. So I thought if anyone wants to daily, make a post stating what your goal for the day is,perhaps it will help us to be accountable to ourselves if we see it in text. If we set it in front of ourselves and everyone else. I just feel I need some type of change or I'm going to not being doing the best things. I don't think I've been "bad" or out of control, but I do think that I am feeling too comfortable right now. I'm just doing things without thought or planning and I think that could lead to falling back into old habits etc. I have 3 goals for today: 1) To get in at least 64 oz of water - I have not been doing as good as I should be. So far Ive got two 16.9 oz bottles in, so I have a great start! 2) I am going to start logging my food and water intake - I haven't been doing this for like 2 weeks now. I ran out of the books I got from the surgeons office. But no excuse, I do have a fitday.com account. So as of this morning, I've logged my water and protein shake so far! 3) I haven't been to the gym for about a week - excuses, I've been busy on some days, and others I've just not felt like it. Energy has been lower ( or just feeling kind of blah) so havent gone, but that's just letting the exuses mount. I know I always feel better when I kick myself in the butt and go. I'll be trying to go though in the evening when DH is home from work. He needs to be going and my going during the day doesn't get him there because he's at work. I do like it better having a workout partner. But I WILL go to the gym today! So today it's water, logging food and working out! What are your goals for the day?
Darlene X
on 7/13/06 12:57 am - Maricopa, AZ
It's funny you should mention this... Hubby and I had a good talk on the way to work (We carpool).... we have been lax in quite a few things, and we need to cut out all the full fat cheese were are eating.... Starting today I am going to log all our food on fitday to get an idea of calories. We also made the decision that we will only have 1oz of cheese per day. We need to cut back. Anyway my goal for today: 1.) To log all Hubby & My meals into Fitday and keep track of our calories. 2.) Take all my Vitamins. (2x Multi's w/ iron, my B-12 & 1000 mg Calcium)
Darlene X
on 7/13/06 1:48 am - Maricopa, AZ
Oh PS: I know exactly what we are eating today because we pack out lunches for work, and I know what Im having for dinner so: Me: 810 Calories, 60g Protein ---- My BMR is 1919 Calories Hubby: 1325 calories, 85g Protein--- His BMR 2626 Calories I did everything on fitday.com YAY!!!!!!!! 1st Goal met!!!!!!!!!!!
bjjantzen
on 7/13/06 1:10 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
My goal for today is NO chocolate. I am starting to get back into some old habits and have been having chocolate everyday. So today's goal is NONE...
Shari B.
on 7/13/06 1:32 am - Roseville, MI
My goal for today is to get in 50.7 oz. water, that would be 3 bottles. I know I need a bit more than that, but considering I've been struggling to get 2 I'll start with a goal of three. Thanks Ruth Ann, great idea! I'll also have to check out fitday.com Hugs, Shari
~ Stylz ~
on 7/13/06 10:18 am - North of Boston, MA
Ruth The biggest goal I've set is to be 190 (really would love 189) by this Sunday (my birthday )! I've set goals at the gym (we're doing a summer camp) that includes a daily weigh in, exercise atleast 5 days a week, stay on whatever diet plan you're on, get in atleast 70oz of water a day and take your vitamins! I don't know if this has given me the added energy to be at the gym every day or if the post op energy everyone talks about is finally kicking in, but I'm happy about it!! I'm down to 192 (lost 5lbs in camp so far)! my other goal is to be running by Sept. right now I walk/run (mostly walk) but want that to change!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views