Sometimes I amaze myself

Tina K
on 7/12/06 10:32 pm - Central, NY
No, that's not nearly as self absorbed as it sounds! Four months ago I could not stand at the sink and do dishes for longer than 5 minutes. Last night, and down 83 pounds, I spent 5 and a half hours painting my cousin's house with my husband. Five and a half hours without a break. Five and a half hours without feeling like I was going to fall over in horrible pain. See, I've always had some level of back pain due to a hereditary back defect. But as my weight went up and up and up the pain got worse and worse. So much so that I was taking upwards of 1000 mg of Advil several times a day. When I would go to my doctor and she would ask what my pain level was, on a scale of 1 - 10, I would tell her an 8. The 8 was up from my normal everyday 5 or so. Of course, the nurse at my doctor's office says most people would be on heavy meds for 5 pain, but to me it was an every day thing and I tolerated it. Because of my weight I also had pretty severe pain in my knees, hips and ankles. 83 pounds later my hip and ankle pain is gone. My kness pain only flares up when I do lots of squatting. And my back pain? Oh baby! I'm down to a 3 or so on the average day. That's so amazing to me. So totally amazing. I just recently purchased a pair of Lucky Brand Jeans on eBay for an amazingly low price. And an amazingly small size. Size 10. These are my goal pants. I think that, for my body, a size 10 is not asking too much. While I've got a goal weight of 140 in my head, if I can get into these jeans and look damn good then I'll be happy. *grin* As soon as the jeans get here I'll see exactly how far I can get them on and I'll take pictures of my monthly progress. LOL I'm thinking I won't make it past my knees. Weigh in on tomorrow but I'm headed out of town to help my friend's mother shop for a mother of the bride dress for the wedding in Texas. I'll be gone pretty much all day cause I'll stop to see my parents while I'm down there. But when I get home I'll do updates and measurements. Yeah! Tina 315/232/140
BabyRuth2u
on 7/13/06 12:05 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Good for you Tina! That is great to hear. I saw a quote this morning that applies exactly to what you and all of us are experiencing. "Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." ~St. Francis of Assisi~ Month's ago we all did what was necessary. We had our WLS, we started to walk, exercise etc. We did what we could, did what was possible at that time. But now, we are doing the impossible! We're finding that the impossible is possible!!! So glad to hear that your back and knees pains are lessening with the weightloss. And woohoo for the 5 hours with minimal effort. It is amazing isn't it? Wtg!
Darlene X
on 7/13/06 12:58 am - Maricopa, AZ
Tina!!! That is an amazing WOW!!! Im so proud of you! You will be in those goal pants before you know it! Darlene 338/241/170
Shari B.
on 7/13/06 1:30 am - Roseville, MI
Tina, I'm so happy for you. Great idea on buying the goal pants. Last night I took my daughters on a walk with me after dinner. The youngest rode in her stroller, but my 8 year old said, "Mommy are you taking the long way?" I was actually more energized than she was for once! We also sang the whole time we walked and I thought to myself I could have never done that before these 71 pounds came off. I would have been huffing and puffing to even talk. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing! Hugs, Shari 340/269/140
RebekaA
on 7/13/06 2:40 am - Inland Empire, CA
Tina, I love reading these posts! It's wonderful to hear how the quality of your life has improved!!!! I wish you continued success on your journey! I can't wait to see pics of you in those jeans!!! I too have had miserable back pain for years. What has amazed me most is now that it's gone, I never realized what it did to my frame of mind to be in pain all the time and unable to do so many things due to it. Now that it's gone, I feel like a new person and my outlook is so much more positive. I finally feel free! here's to us and a pain free existence!!!! Ruth Ann, I LOVE that quote! Have a great day everyone!
miminjoey
on 7/14/06 1:57 am - Fort Bragg, NC
this is so cool to hear! i am so happy for you. It's amazes me how much on life I was missing out on and didn't know it! Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views