Im in need of clothes...

Darlene X
on 7/11/06 11:02 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Ughhh this weight loss is getting too expensive.... LOL Im running out of stuff to wear to work..... with hubby starting a new job... he finished his old one kind of early, so we are missing a whole paycheck and have to pay back vacation time that he used when he was sick with his stricture/gall bladder. This isnt a pity party! The new job will put us in a much better place, but not for a month or two until we get back on track.... Im in desperate need for clothing to wear to work... and I know some of you have out shrunk me size wise... I was wondering if anyone out there has any size 18 pants/skirts or 20-22-24 tops... that you were just going to give away....that don't fit anymore. I can pay for shipping. When I out shrink stuff I will then pass along to others... Otherwise Im going to check a few thrift stores this weekend and see if I can find anything cheap. My only pants for work are almost falling off... I just figured I'd check with my local Marchers first. Darlene
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/06 11:26 pm - PA
I don't have any clothes for you, but maybe you could take your too big work clothes to a tailor. Find some places that do alterations and check out their prices. I couldn't find anything acceptable for work in my size at the thrift stores. Plus my clothes were really good quality. I think I got 7 pairs of pants tailored for something like $30. I'm about to take some more there this week because I have since had to buy some more that are too loose now. You are right, WLS is pretty expensive. The new clothes, the higher quality food, the protiens supplements and vitamins...it all adds up! Ah, but we wouldn't have it any other way would we? Kathy
~ Stylz ~
on 7/11/06 11:29 pm - North of Boston, MA
I did what Kathy said... Most days I have to wear suits to work and some of my suits were over $250 each. I took them to a tailor and they fit great again!
RebekaA
on 7/12/06 4:53 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Stylz, I've been wondering about having my suits altered. How much did they charge you? Rebeka
~ Stylz ~
on 7/12/06 11:57 am - North of Boston, MA
Rebeka I have a great tailor by my job, an old greek guy who does great work. He charges $5 for each pair of pants (took in the waist, legs and cuffed the bottoms). The suit jackets were $10 to have done because the jacket has to be taken apart and put back together (arms, back, front panels). I had 4 suits tailored and a few pairs of pants that I'm not ready to let go of! your best bet is to call around in your area, hope this helps!
RebekaA
on 7/12/06 1:43 pm - Inland Empire, CA
OMG Stylz!!! That's so much better than I ever thought!!! It's great to have an idea of the cost. I was thinking it would cost a fortune if they had to be taken apart--but I'm like you--I really LOVE my suits! Thanks so much for the info, hopefully I can find someone that good and reasonable out here!
Darlene X
on 7/12/06 1:28 am - Maricopa, AZ
My bigger clothing really isnt worth spending the money to have tailored... work is just business casual, most of my older stuff is just cheap clothes.....or denim, and I can't wear denim skirts to work. If I had some nice expensive clothes/suits maybe... but it's cheaper stuff....
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/06 1:59 am - PA
My stuff isn't that expensive. Mostly Lane Bryant for my work clothes, I don't own any $250 suits. What I have tailored are usually khaki pants and slacks. I had a pair of jeans tailored too. They are used to it all. Especially if you are like me, to tall for petites, too short for average. I always need everything hemmed. Anyway, I know what you are saying about spending $40 on a skirt at Avenue or Lane Bryant that you won't even get your money's worth out of it. That makes me crazy. I have recently started shopping only clearance, Walmart and Target. I know their plus size departments are lacking, but its still cheaper. Hopefully someone will have something in their closet for you. I would definitely take the clothes that are too small for you now anyway. You will fit in them eventually, and that is something to look forward to. Kathy
sngglnclos
on 7/12/06 1:19 am - sw burbs, MN
Hi Darlene...wel we are about the same size so I don't have anything but I do have a suggestion. Here we do a couple of things. I took 3 huge tubs of clothes to a support goup meeting and everyone who's interested goes through and takes what they want. You could put a post on your state board and see what comes of it and I will send you an email with the "Swapkins" idea. Good luck!
Darlene X
on 7/12/06 1:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ive already posted to our state board, and my support group yahoo board.... There aren't many people around those sizes in my support group--- one lady who is a 14 now searched her stuff last night for me, but only had 16's... Everyone else is either newer (Wearing bigger sizes), a man, or 2-3 years post-op so their clothes are long gone. I just can't afford to buy any new clothes for a few months..... so Im just trying other alternatives. I have credit with both Lane Bryant & Avenue... but I want to avoid using credit, and it kills me to buy a $40 skirt that will last 2 months or so... Darlene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views