high protien potatoes salad

timsdanni
on 7/11/06 12:13 am - Ft Stewart, GA
serves 8 8 small red potatoes 6 eggs-boiled (pitch half the yolks 1/2 cup cottage cheese 1/2 purple onion 6-10 slices lean deli meat 2 stalks celery 1 pickle 2-4 slices crispty bacon 1t-1 T pickel juice 1/2 t sugar or sweetener 1/2 cup mayo mustard, salt, pepper, sesonall to taste boil the eggs and the potatoes together with 4 cloves of garlic - boil 15-20 mins after it comes to a boil. drain potatoes, toss garlic, peel eggs tossing half the yolks. Put into a large bowl. add chopped onions, pickles, celery, deli meat, bacon, add cottage cheese and mustart and spices, pickle juice and sugar stir and taste than add the mayo as needed. I like to add some fresh basil and let it sit over night. feel free to add any other meats that sound good - I have made this with leftovers of all kinds of meat and shredded cheese too enjoy danni
sparkles
on 7/11/06 12:49 am - North Richland Hills, TX
That sounds really good! Yumm!
sngglnclos
on 7/11/06 1:07 am - sw burbs, MN
Thanks Danni!!! Guilt free potatoe salad...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Darlene X
on 7/11/06 1:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
Sounds yummy... I just don't like potatoes much...
timsdanni
on 7/11/06 1:35 am - Ft Stewart, GA
LOL so leave them out or add a small amount of pasta - or a can of tuna or salmon or chicken. this does not have much potatoes in it - I cook 8 pots that are smaller than the eggs. danni
Darlene X
on 7/11/06 2:08 am - Maricopa, AZ
MMMMMMMMMM... Pasta would be awesome... but I need to limit myself on that.... some cut up chunky chicken could be good... hmm
Sheila A.
on 7/11/06 2:37 am - Thermal, CA
Are you all able to handle this kind of stuff now? I don't know that I could do the celery, pickles, bacon or even the deli meat. I hadn't been able to do deli meat, I am gonna try for the first time in a while today at lunch. sheila
miminjoey
on 7/11/06 10:39 am - Fort Bragg, NC
it's funny how our stomachs are all different...i can eat everything you listed....but I can't drink milk or eat eggs or yogurt....but I can eat some radishes, tomatoes, pickles, carrots....heck i can eat just about anything....whish isn't a good thing mimi
~ Stylz ~
on 7/12/06 12:10 am - North of Boston, MA
thanks for the recipe Danni just curious, what kind of deli meat did you use? I'm thinking grilled chicken sounds good as a substitution instead of deli meat (was never a deli meat fan before, don't think thats changed much post op).
timsdanni
on 7/12/06 12:22 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I use lean ham or roast beef - those are the two I eat most often b/c I can have 6 slices for 60 caloires hehehe you can use grilled chicken - I personally don't eat chicken very often it tends to upset mr. Pouch unless what it is in a stew danni 372/279/170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views