Bored with Food

sparkles
on 7/11/06 2:43 am - North Richland Hills, TX
I'm the same way with pizza! It just doesnt taste the same.. or maybe this is how it's always tasted.. but our tastebuds were just on auto pilot?! I think I'm going to make a meatloaf this weekend. I have a recipe that only has like 1 carb maybe 2, and maybe that'll get me in the mood again... lol.
BabyRuth2u
on 7/11/06 2:25 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I can relate to what you are saying. It's almost like "why bother". I have been feeling like that lately. I think I want to eat something but then think, why bother... you'll eat two bites and be done. My mind is like "I want to eat.....INSERT food here" but its all more in my head, I want it, can taste it, but then its like depressing to think about it because you get it and can't really enjoy it. Make sense? DH and I drove around to go out to dinner the other night, We'd go past a place and he'd say.. you want to go to Mad Mex? I'm like.. nah...., how about TGIF? I'm nah.... Applebees? Nah... this went on for like 5 restaurants, then Bravo's popped in my head, that sounded good. I thought..hmm i want some bread dipped in oil w/ cheese. I had two small pieces. Ordered a side cesear, ate a 1/4 (that is a bummer, i love salad in general and cant eat it!! ugh, but love cesear the best) and had a piece of his chicken. Now afterwards I felt like crap for about 15 mins I guess because of the oil. So after finally deciding on something that felt worth it... i felt like crap. I love my protein shakes. I could easily just drink those at meals. But I know food in the body is better than not. So I'll keep trying to eat the right stuff!
Amy I.
on 7/11/06 2:49 am - KS
WOW I am glad that I am not alone on this! I just can't eat like I used too or the fods that I used too! It all makes me sick! If we go out to eat I don't even order anymore, I just pick off of my families plates. ( The good thing is that it doesn't cost as much to eat out!) I just tried some canned soup and found it to be quite nasty! My son ate it and said it was good. My taste buds have CHANGED! I do eat raw veggies and seem to do well with them and I never liked them before the surgery. Oh, well one day at a time, right girls! Amy I
AZGirl
on 7/11/06 12:16 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
I totally feel the same way. My problem is mostly with the textures of food. Textures bother me so much now. I am so much more aware of this than ever before. Before I used to just stuff food in my face and not even think about how the food really felt. I think I want something and I prepare it and then I don't want it anymore. I rarely get in more than 500-600 calories a day. I too have had the thought of just drinking protein shakes for my meals. It is so much easier and at least I know I don't feel icky after drinking them. I usually put small amounts of fruit in and add some BeneFiber. I have to admit that a few times this past week I have had shakes for two of my daily meals. At four months out our nutritionist said that all protein should come from food and there should no longer be a need to supplement. I know I am going to have trouble with that. I remember at orientation at the hospital before surgery they fed us a meal and the nutritionist told us that was the kind of meal we would be eating at four months out. At the time, it seemed like such a small amount of food! lol And now I think of that meal and I wonder how I am ever going to eat that much at one meal. It was like one ounce of cheese, a couple of ounces of turkey breast, a 1/2 cup of mixed fruit and 1/2 cup of broccoli/pasta salad. I could never eat all of that now. *sigh* I'm glad to know I am not alone and I'm glad you posted this, Amy. You are not alone either. Joanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views