Bored with Food

sparkles
on 7/10/06 11:23 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
So.. I dont know if anyone else is with me... but i HATE eating now. I really do... If I could drink protien shakes all day long, and my juice.... I'd be happy. Eating becomes a bother now.. and I dont like the way I feel afterward. No matter what the food is, I'm usually very bored with it by my second bite. It bugs me because it used to be my FAVORITE thing to do. I loved enjoying all the tastes and smells... but now, like I said.. Id rather have a drink and a smoke.. then be on my way. *i know.. bad me.. smoking is bad... yea I get it... but I cant drink alcohol.. and its my last real vice.. lol* Is anyone else feeling this way? I've actually thought about just drinking some protien shakes and my other liquids.. and not worrying about food for a few weeks, but I have to clear this with my doctor first. Thanks, Amy
timsdanni
on 7/11/06 12:16 am - Ft Stewart, GA
I sometimes just drink protien shakes and have dinner with the family b/c we always make a priority to eat dinner as a family. so I know what you are feeling. the only thing that scares me is that if I just drink protien shakes is that I won't be learning good habits and I need to learn good habits so I am learning to use this tool. hugs danni
sparkles
on 7/11/06 12:47 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Danni, Exactly!! not to mention.. it'll stop our loss to just do liquids... I dont want that! anyways.. thanks!
Darlene X
on 7/11/06 12:51 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't have an appetite, but I still LOVE to eat--- we make everything as flavorful as we can now--- If you can't eat much, then we want it to be as flavorful as possible. I still love going out to eat despite eating very little... Are you stuck in a food rut? Maybe your bored with food cause you eat the same ole things? Do you try new foods, flavors, recipes? Do you cook much? Im just curious because a lot of the time it's people who don't like to cook that get bored/sick of food--- because they get stuck in a rut eating the same things... Darlene
sparkles
on 7/11/06 1:07 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Darlene, I dont really cook often.. I like to, but I'm so tired when I get home that if its easy, its what we are going to eat! I may be in a food rut, but it seems that no matter what I try.. I dont like it... I dunno.. Danni's potatoe salad does sound good though.. the only things i consistently like are my veggies.. I eat broccolli every night.. YUM!!
Darlene X
on 7/11/06 1:25 am - Maricopa, AZ
Maybe you might want to try adding something new once or twice a week--- maybe make it on the weekends, and see if changing up flavors or foods helps? Otherwise I say enjoy it while you can..... because it wont be too long before we all start posting that we are hungry again, are eating too much etc LOL Enjoy the no appetite... because it DOES come back.... and thats when the first 6-9 months really come into play--- to see how well we have learned to use our tool. This feeling doesn't last forever. I love veggies too, I find myself craving them much more than Iever did before surgery. I love a good fresh salad with lots of raw veggies.
Amy I.
on 7/11/06 1:53 am - KS
Amy, I find that I don't like some of the same ol' foods that I once did. Pizza for example... LOVED IT! But know I can't even eat it, it makes me so sick! Mac-n-cheese, same thing and to salty. I ate homemade veggie soup with steak or hamburger for a month. That was about the only thing I could keep down or that sounded good. I am bored with WATER! I only drink water, everything else makes me sick too. What's a girl to do? ;0) But I am losing.YAH! We should keep trying. Protien, Protien, Protien! Amy I
Darlene X
on 7/11/06 2:06 am - Maricopa, AZ
Any, Im the same way! I loved pizza, I loved thin crust pizza... had some for our anniversary-- it just didnt taste good anymore. I find the same with bread and tortillas--- I LOVED tortillas, so did Hubby--- after surgery neither of us really likes them anymore. I hate the taste of bread now--- unless its super fresh bakery sour dough... then I can eat a bite or two.
(deactivated member)
on 7/11/06 7:58 am - AZ
I had pizza for the first time over the 4th of July holiday. Of course it was homemade, so I knew exactly what my friends put in the dough and on top of it. It was yummy, but it wasn't greasy. I don't think I could stomach greasy pizza....
Darlene X
on 7/11/06 8:18 am - Maricopa, AZ
We had Oregano's and I LOVEEEE their pizza... actually I LOVVEEE their Pizookie more-- ever had it? LOL But thats a thing of the past--- anyway it was really good pizza... just Ive lost the taste for it I guess... I would have been much happier having a salad or a peice of fish or chicken LOL After that incident, I don't have any desire/craving/want for pizza anymore....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views