A little let down!!!!!

lizzey627
on 7/6/06 10:02 am - Dunlap, CA
Well I am down a100lbs I feel a little let down cuz I thought I would feel a little differant a little excited funney thing is i didnt feel anything I pretended to but not in my heart. I havent been this size and weight sense I was a fat kid So I am happy i have lost that much but it doesnt feel real I wonder why? I was 310lbs pre surgery and surgery day 277 that was 33lbs before surgery and 67 sense surgery on march 10th 2006. total of 100lbs. that is amazing! But why do I feel so anticlimatic? Has any one else felt that way? So far? LIZZEY
Tina K
on 7/6/06 10:35 am - Central, NY
Hey Lizzey, Congrats on your awesome weight loss! You know, you've gone through some incredible changes in a very short period of time. I don't think it's strange to have your feelings be all over the place. Remember, there is no right way to feel girl! Give your mind some time to adjust to your body and see what happens. And if you don't ever get excited, well, you don't ever get excited. You are getting healthy and that's what is important. Hang in there and keep us posted. Tina 315/237/140
kimbaby74
on 7/6/06 1:30 pm - Western, KY
First off, congratulations on your loss! That is fantastic. I've got 15 more lbs to go before I reach 100 lbs lost. Every day, something gives me a little boost, like looking in the mirror and thinking, wow, I'm looking thinner. But then I think, I've lost close to 100 lbs and I'm not into regular sized clothing?? I think this is just a big adjustment we're going to gradually ease in to. Hopefully it will get better! Again, congrats! Kim
BabyRuth2u
on 7/7/06 2:01 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I had a thought yesterday regarding 100 plus lbs lost. Like you said,, lost close to 100 lbs and not into regular size clothing.. my thought was about having lost 102 lbs so far since February and when people ask how much I lost, I'm thinking I'm just going to start saying "alot". Because... it feels kind of odd to say I've lost over 100 lbs (yet I still look like this). Yes I look ALOT better, and feel AMAZING, but I still have a ways to go and my thoughts are that if I say 100 plus lbs, people are probably thinking OMG, how the hell much did she weigh?? So its feeling kind of embarrasing to tell now. Anyone else feeling this?? And as you said still wearing 2x size. Sheesh I might get depressed now! LOL
BabyRuth2u
on 7/7/06 2:03 am - Pittsburgh, PA
First of all congratulations, that is fantastic!! Yes we should be estatic!! I think it is that it doesnt seem real, or that maybe we've done this before and think we're just going to gain it back, so why get excited?? Don't know, but I'm thinking reality just hasn't set in yet. But you've done fantastic and should feel good about it. Take care.
newme_27
on 7/7/06 5:39 am - PENSACOLA, FL
Hello, ALL. This is my debut to actually posting online here. I've been following boards since I was pre-op, but finally created a profile. I am nearly down 100--am at 90 down. and still hover in that 2X bottom, but can wear XL tops. Congrats on your loss!!! I feel the same way telling people how much I've lost, like they think gadzooks, how much did you weigh? Susanna
BabyRuth2u
on 7/7/06 6:58 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Welcome Susanna! What a debut! 90 lbs!! Fantastic! Glad you decided to say hello. We have a big group here, please join in on the fun! We'd love to hear your experiences. I bought one XL top the other day. It must be a fluke, running big or something. LOL That is pretty much unreal. But I'll be glad when I fit in all regular XL's. that will be way cool! Not sure if the how much did you weigh was to me or the original poster, but I started pre-op (month before surgery) at 345, lost 24lbs, so surgery weight was 321. I now weigh 243. So total loss is a lil over 100 now.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views