OT: I got a Job!!

Sondra J. S.
on 7/2/06 5:28 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hi everyone, Ok, well here is how this happened, my sis in law called me last Thursday and said that the Social Security office here in town was hiring so I should go down and get an application, so I was going to go get one. Well it turns out that I didn't have to go get one, she knew someone that worked in the office and had them bring one to her (she's works at The Department of Developmental Disabilities as a case worker) She gave them my name and my credentials, I'm a psychology major, going part time during the summer semester but planning on going back full time when fall sememster hits again, so she requested an application for me. The job is based on a summer school study thing, meaning you have to be a student in order to be considered to get the job, wheather you are in college or high school, just as long as you are a student. So, she brought the application home for me, I filled it out and didn't realize they wanted a copy of my transcripts, schedule, everything to do with college and financial aid etc... so I had to go make copies of all that and take it all back to the supervisor the next day, which was fine with him, he was very polite about it all. I even had to get a copy of my financial aid award letter faxed to me from the financial aid office, lol. So, I get this all to him and he tells me that they are talking to someone else about the job, I was crushed, but I didn't let him see it in my eyes, nor did I let on. So, I was hoping this other person would back out or that their paperwork would somehow come back wrong, I know bad of me, well Friday, The supervisor calls me and said the other person backed out and they wanted to go with me "WOOT" so, I get the job and I had to make a mad dash to gussy up and get there so I could fill out all the necessary paperwork and then get to pinetop/lakeside and get fingerprinted, remember this is a government job, So, I get everything done and he said he'd get it all sent off on Monday so, hopefully I'll hear back from them by at least Wednesday. I still have to send off Monday for my Official Transrcipts from the college depending on how long they take to get here, lol..... So sorry this is so long, but, this is like my first job in 5 years, my ex-husband didn't want me to work, he wanted me to stay home and be the little housewifey, yeah, how 50's is that? Thank's for reading my ramble!! Sondra
Mama-of-3
on 7/3/06 12:06 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Good for you SONDRA!!! Congratulations!!!!!
sparkles
on 7/3/06 1:32 am - North Richland Hills, TX
woohoo! Congrats!
Tina K
on 7/4/06 3:25 am - Central, NY
That's awesome Sondra!! I'm so happy for you! Funny, you want to work and man, I'm thrilled to be the little housewife. That's my dream come true. Enjoy your new job! Hope it turns into something permanent once you are done with school. How much longer do you have to go? Hugs, Tina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views