aggravated!

sparkles
on 7/2/06 12:38 am - North Richland Hills, TX
So ok.. I've been out enjoying my new life lately, and yesterday Josh and I decided to go to Busch Gardens. I've been dying to ride some of the rollercoasters, ecspecially Sheikra. I haven't been able to ride anything unless it has a lap belt in a long time. If it goes over the shoulders, no way. It's been that way for atleast 6 years.. maybe 7. I told my husband.. I'm gonna ride that ride. Ofcourse.. he doesn't like roller coasters, so he didn't go. I waited in the 45 minute line only to find out that I waz a little over HALF A FREAKING INCH from having the restraint to snap. I got off the ride, my pride hurt, embarrassed and PO'd. I walked down the steps back to where my husband was waiting for me... and when I saw him .. I just bawled. I've done so much and tried so hard... and still. I haven't really had any great WOW moments. I'm still in the same clothes I was in when I started this journey!! Things have gotten a little bit looser, but still. I've lost over 65lbs... and still feel like nothing has happened... Anyone else out there? I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do (except for forgetting to take my supplements... oops - don't harp on this.. I don't wanna hear it) I'm working out atleast 3 hours a week.. I'm not eating anymore than 800 calories, and most days I'm lucky to get that! I'm getting atleast 60 grams of protien, I rarely have any kind of "Treat" and I ussually get enough liquids. Ok.. I'm done. Sorry.. but thanks for listening
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/06 1:38 am - Remington, VA
I'm right there with ya! But look at the experience from the other day this way, next time you go you are sure to ride that ride! If it was only 1/2 an inch it WILL BE more then comfortably loose the next time you try! I know how you feel though! I'm glad we can log on here and see that we're in the same boat! I've been having some troubles lately because the weight is creeping off....at a snails pace. I too am following the rules as best as I can! I have started keeping a food diary and it is trememndously helpful, especially considering i'm one of those who can eat a little bit more then others. Oh and I haven't really gone down a complete size yet, although things are really baggy. I'm just being stubborn about it too! I read a post where some other's are having troubles coming to terms with buying new sizes and fearing they may have to go back up a size. Keep up the good work( and I'll try and practice what I preach.) You will achieve your goals. You are working hard. Don't apologize...it's what we're here for...each other! Kirsten
kimby K.
on 7/2/06 3:32 am - Northwest, OH
65 pounds!! In 3 months! When else in life have any of us been able to say that? 20 or 30 lbs would be fabulous for most in such a short period of time. I know you are discouraged and disappointed. You have made it very far already! 1/2 inch is sooooo close. You are almost there. Don't worry about the clothes, either. The 'gap' in sizes seems to be greater in the higher sizes. As we get into smaller sizes, the numbers drop more quickly. (I hope that makes sense) Keep doing what you're doing -- it's WORKING!! You will be there very, very soon and this will be a faded memory. Kimmy Jo
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/06 3:39 am - Diamond Bar, CA
Hey Sweetie! I hear you sister!! This happened to me too! Only it was at a spa. I was going to give myself a facial and a back rub. I was so proud of myself for getting this far in the process, I thought I deserved some pampering. The robe they gave me fit! I was excited about that. It was an extra super large one but it fit. Then I laid down on the table, so far so good, right? The lady asked me to scoot down a bit so when I proped my feet and pressed down with my back to scoot down - I BROKE THE TABLE!!! The part of the table that clicks up (like a pool lounger) actually went all the way down!!! So there I was, my head near the floor and my legs in the air. The lady was so startled she screamed, "OH MY GOD!" She helped me up as best as she could and I was mortified!! She kept apologizing and asking me if I was ok but I just wanted to get the heck out of there! Then she must have told her manager while I was changing back into my clothes, because now I had two people apologizing to me and asking me if I wanted a massage in a chair. I softly said, "No thank you, I'm ok". I went to my car, took a deep breath and started to wale like a kid who had just been told their birthday party is cancelled. Well, today I'm 20lbs lighter than I was back then so even though I want to try again, I will probably wait for another 20lbs just to be sure. And, I'm going to try a different spa than the rickedy one I went to..... The great thing about us - is that we both know we will loose more weight. We just have to be patient about it. Hey it took me 20 years to get morbidly obese, and I know it's only going to take about a year or so to get rid of it. Yeah !!! for us!!!!! Hang in there and we should both count our blessings. We are over the hard part. Now we have no where to go but advance in our efforts! Here is a big hug to you from me - {*********} WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!! Cees
sparkles
on 7/2/06 4:06 am - North Richland Hills, TX
We'll just cry together.. and to think.. I lost my biggest comforter... my food! LOL. I need to go buy a scale, so that I can know how much I've lost on a more consistent basis.. cuz I haven't weighed in almost 4 weeks! I went 6 weeks last time. hehe. I need a scale!
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/2/06 4:38 am - My Town, NH
Big hugs for you! That is frustrating. I wonder why we think the weight should be falling off so much more quickly? I know I get so frustrated with my 1 to 2 pounds a week. It's only if I take a step back and think about how difficult it was to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week before surgery that I'll admit things are moving along. You're doing very, very well. Don't let any amusement park ride or anything else send you the message that you aren't succeeding! Sometimes the "WOW" moments can be found in the simple act of changing our behavior. I say "wow" to myself every time I make a good food choice. I certainly didn't make good choices before surgery. I'd say a 65+ pound loss is a huge WOW! Don't forget to celebrate every pound that is gone forever. - Stephanie
sparkles
on 7/2/06 5:54 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Stephanie, Thanks hun. It's just.. I'm impatient, and I know that things are happening.. I just can't see them. It's still frustrating as heck! Amy
JanM
on 7/2/06 11:38 am - Urbandale, IA
I am there with you too! I have lost 67 lbs., nothing in the past week though. I haven't dropped a pant size because I have lost weight in my legs but not as much from my abdomen. If I pull on pants two sizes smaller my legs are baggy but I can't get them up around my waist so my legs and top are two sizes smaller but my belly is the same. At least my clothes are looser. It is so hard to be patient. What a trip! Jan Marie
sparkles
on 7/2/06 12:42 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
Yea.. mee too! I'm feeling better this evening though, I jumped on my mom's scale, and I've lost another 15 in 3 weeks. So, I'm up to 80 including 10 pre op. I'm 4.5 lbs away from being under 300lbs. That is soo amazing.
Sondra J. S.
on 7/2/06 5:38 pm - Show Low, AZ
Don't be discouraged about a ride, just remember, It's only ONE ride, you'll get right back on it and tell it, even if it's outloud, I can conquer you!! And you will!! I have done that in the past to different things, I can't do rollercoasters, I have back and neck problems that even this surgery can't fix. Hun, you have lost 65lbs. in nearly 3 months. I know that is huge, it's amazing, and about the clothing sizes they will start to melt off of you soon. I know when I lost my first size, I was floored, I thought they would never start to come off of me. I am still wearing some of the clothes I wore before the surgery also, but they are the elastic pants, and some skirts. My shirts are a little big, yours will be very soon!! You are a beautiful person inside and out, you don't need a scale or a rollercoaster 1/2 inch to tell you that!! You are amazing and you know it!! Sondra
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views