Labs and Iron supplements

Sandra S.
on 6/30/06 2:59 am - Mountain Home, ID
Ok I had my labs taken yesterday and everything looks good. I think I'm the only one in here not on Iron supps and although my iron was within range at (44, range of 30-150), I was wondering what everyone else was taking. I guess the Centrum chewables I've been taking are doing great because everything was well within range of where I was supposed to be. I've very happy about that! Any suggestions? Sandy
BabyRuth2u
on 6/30/06 5:10 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Sandy, I don't know the specific off hand, but there is a woman here in town that seems to know a lot of stuff about the test ranges etc. She has done a lot of research and has been highlighted in local hospital and books etc because of her success so I like to listen to her alot. I know if she saw your number at 44, with that range, she would say something to the affect of that being low and to be careful. If you look it is on the low end of the spectrum. Probably would indicate that you may be on a down swing in iron. I know I personally would be more comfortable with it being mid or on the higher range. I dont know how long iron is stored, that if maybe its fine because you were in normal before, but now having the mal absorption thing, that this could be meaning you are going down. Make sense? Im not trying to deflate you from having good feelings about your tests, just saying we are different now and being on the low end I would want to work on pushing it up! I havent had first work yet from my surgeons office, they do first ones the said at 6 months. I did have my regular blood work from PCP and that was all good. All were mid range and closer to the top range. Now that blood work is by no means as extensive and not what the surgeon would do, but it was good to see things at a healthy level. Just something to think about. As far as iron I've been taking Tender Iron from Vitalady.com I think you need to take more of those a day than one, some days I do two. Plus I get whats in my multi. All I know is that I do feel good, energy level is fine, no tiredness etc. Glad to hear tests results were good! I don't think it would hurt to take an iron, its up to you, but something you may want to think about.
Darlene X
on 6/30/06 6:35 am - Maricopa, AZ
Make sure you get copies of the labs and keep them... that way next time you get them done you can look for downward trends.... even when everything is in a good range, if there has been a big drop in something since your last labs... you want to take care of it. I too would suggest you maybe start on some iron suppliments, you are at the lower end of the scale-- it couldnt hurt... Ive heard Vitalady's tender iron are very good, and small to swallow. Darlene
miminjoey
on 6/30/06 7:05 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I take 1 iron pill a day and mine were within normal range...doc says just to be on the safe side.
Beckers
on 6/30/06 7:52 am - Cottage Grove, OR
How can you guys take iron supplements and not be constipated??? I have switched from a vitamin w/ iron in it to a vitamin W/O IRON because of my 6 weeks straight of chronic constipation. Until I get the Big C under control, I'm not taking any iron...
Darlene X
on 6/30/06 8:09 am - Maricopa, AZ
The tender iron I mentioned above is supposed to be really good if iron causes constipaption. I think vitalady actaully has a review from someone under the product that said they had no constipation issues using the tender iron.
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/1/06 10:18 am - My Town, NH
Hiya Sandy. Congrats on great labs! I take Ferro Sequels for my iron. They supposedly release slowly throughout the day into your system. This helps keep the constipation at bay. I've also taken Vitron C which did constipate me! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views