Is it just me?

kimbaby74
on 7/1/06 2:03 am - Western, KY
Everytime I go to try on a pair of jeans that fit great just a week before, I have this terrible fear that they won't fit anymore. I watch the scale go down (more slow lately than it did the first two months) so I know they should fit. But it's a dreadful feeling, like, I'll realize I'm a big fat faillure and the surgery is not going to work at all. I'm sure a psychologist would have a field day with this one. Is it just me or do others have these feelings? Kim 359/277/150
Mama-of-3
on 7/1/06 3:22 am - Philadelphia area, PA
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!! Exactly!!!! My daughter gave me 4 pairs of her jeans last week and they all fit like a glove. Yesterday I was invited out to lunch and I went to get a pair and instantly I thought, what if it doesn't fit? HOW WEIRD!!!!! Of course it did, but I always think by the next day i'll be back to how I was pre surgery. I'm cookoo for sure. Trish
Stephanie Smiles
on 7/1/06 10:12 am - My Town, NH
Hi Kim. It's definitely not just you. I was going through my closet today and giving things away that no longer fit. I had a difficult time giving away my size 24 clothes. I'm definitely wearing 22s now. But what if next week I move back up to 24s???? It seems like it could happen. I think this fear is very normal. I'm not sure when I'll believe I am a smaller person than I was previously. Maybe someday it will sink in! - Stephanie
Mary M.
on 7/1/06 11:27 am - Livonia, MI
Me too, Me too! I am having a hard time parting with clothes that are too big! Someone I work with told me to please wear smaller scrubs because what I was wearing looked like pajamas! I guess our minds need to catch up to our bodies. Mary
Sondra J. S.
on 7/2/06 5:41 pm - Show Low, AZ
You know my mother in law bought me this really cute pink shirt yesterday, I looked at it and thought to myself....OMG there is no way this hunk of meat is going to fit into that tiny shirt, but I went and put it on and guess what!!, It fit and I had room to spare!! I was eccastic!! But I know what you mean exactly, My niece gave me a pair of her size 20 jeans and I keep thinking, what if they don't fit next time I put them on? Sondra
timsdanni
on 7/5/06 10:55 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
ME TOO!! I was in size 32 before surgery - this weekend I picked up 24s with no elastic and no streach and they fit just fine but my mind will not acept it - I keep waiting for the scale to go UP instead of down (liek really up not just a stall bouncy thing) trying hard to have faith in myself and my surgery. did not do good this weekend at all - heading off to curves in a few, no carbs for me agian today (did that yesterday adn did much better food wise) danni 372/287/170
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views