HAIR LOSS

HEATHER K.
on 6/29/06 5:30 am - CORONA, CA
RNY on 03/24/06 with
I am 14 weeks post op and starting to lose a lot of hair. I have been taking all the precautions with supplements and making sure I get enough protein. I feel as though I will be bald in a few weeks at the rate my hair is coming out. Does everyone go through this and does it get better?
CherieG
on 6/29/06 5:35 am - Collingdale, PA
Heather, I can't speak on the does it get better part yet, but I am also losing hair. It seems to be coming out pretty quickly, but I'm not noticing any bald spots yet. I was told by my nut yesterday that it is normal and usually starts around the 3rd month and can last up to the 6th month. I don't think I have enough hair to carry me through 3 months of this but I guess I'm going to find out soon enough. Here hoping we don't go bald!!! Cherie
Darlene X
on 6/29/06 5:52 am - Maricopa, AZ
This is my biggest fear... Im so worried about hair loss..... I didnt have much hair to begin with, so if I start losing much I will be bald. I haven't noticed a lot at a time, but my hair is thining.... I know I dont get enough protein... I need to increase it. I use Biotin shampoo..... I have some biotin but haven't started taking it yet--- I should have a long time ago, and Ive heard Zinc and iron can help too. Its mostly hormonal... there is no way to stop it--- if its gonna happen it's gonna happen... suppliments will help it grow back in thicker and stronger though.... Darlene
Melissa P.
on 6/29/06 11:10 am - Aurora, IL
I started taking Biotin suppliments. It has helped A LOT. It also helps your nails.
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/06 6:07 am - AZ
I'm losing hair too...lots of it. I'm blessed with having tons of hair to begin with so no one else would know unless I told them. The hair loss doesn't bother me, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to keep up with cleaning all the hair in my bathroom. It's everywhere! I keep telling myself that this too shall pass.... E--
Beckers
on 6/29/06 6:55 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I've lost a TON of hair, and it seems to continue. I was lucky I had a lot to begin with, but I worry at the rate its coming out that I won't have hair by the 6th month. And I too have hair ALL OVER the bathroom every day, every time I brush or shampoo, its falling out in handfuls. Its quite disturbing... Rebecca M. 269/199/150
Mama-of-3
on 6/29/06 8:57 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Oh no! Dont fret, everyone says it will grow back. I have been very fortunatue and have lost non of my hair. I hope that if I start that I dont lose alot. I dont have thick hair like my kids. Mine is medium texture but I abuse it too death which makes me feel as though if I Was going to lose hair that I would have done so by now. I get it colored and highlighted every six weeks to the day. I blow dry it and flat iron it every single morning and I clip it all different ways and so far so good. Everyone who does go through this say they never go bald bald so dont worry. Trish
miminjoey
on 6/29/06 11:09 am - Fort Bragg, NC
i don't know about better but I have lost at least half my hair... i had really thick hair and now I barely have enough for a pony tail...they say it gets better. mimi
timsdanni
on 6/29/06 10:05 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
mine is so bad people ask if I have had cemo!! I have totally bald spots and have taken to not leaving the house with out a hat or dewrag (hankerchief in bright colors) on b/****ep sunburning my scalp. I had Tim buzz most of my hair off last night b/c I am a basket case everytime I shower and see it all over or every morning when it is all over my pillow. my hair was short 2 inches or less to start with on top and very short on the sides but now it is a 1/2 in all over and I can live with seeing that fall out I guess. I have taken all my vits and gotten lots of protien - it is just a side effect of this surgery - some people have it worse than others - I seem to be on the worse side iwth bald patches so hats are it for me - and dew rags I am collecting all kinds of cute ones danni 372/285/170 ENJOYING THIS JOURNEY CALLED LIFE
miminjoey
on 6/30/06 7:11 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I can't believe you did it! You said you were going to have him shave it, but wow....if mine was short I might consider it, but thankfully I don't have bald spots....however the new hair coming in is gray Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views