Blah! I have to have eye surgery. =(

Mama-of-3
on 6/27/06 10:11 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
For the last two years I have been having this mass growing in my eye. It has a very long complicated name that I cant remember but it's gotten bad enough now that it requires surgery to have it removed. My eyesight is absolutely perfect but this mass is now growing onto the cornea. YUCK! In my profile photo (my left eye) you can see it kinda red in the corner, well that is where the mass is. IT used to only be on the white part of my eye and now it's onto the brown part and it has to be removed before it reaches my pupil. Out in the sun it turns bright red and heaven forbid I dont wear a ton of eye makeup therefore making it worse. haha But, in anycase I have to have it taken off. =( Has anyone ever had any sort of eye surgery? Thanks for listening to my whine fest. Trish
sngglnclos
on 6/27/06 11:50 pm - sw burbs, MN
I haven't but I will keep you in thoughts and prayers!!! Let us know when your surgery date is!
Mama-of-3
on 6/28/06 1:11 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Ah, Thank you Ali. You are so SWEET! My eye doctor is going to research an eye surgeon who specializes in this time of mass removal and then he'll let me know who to call and when it will be done. I'll keep ya posted. Trish
Darlene X
on 6/28/06 1:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im sorry Will everything be good once the surgery is done? Everything gone. No other issues? I hope so... at least you will get everything resolved and it won't be an isue anymore. Darlene
Mama-of-3
on 6/28/06 1:16 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Darlene, I cant feel this mass at all unless it really gets inflamed (if I stay out in the sun too long) but otherwise I only know it's there when my eye turns beet red. I forget it's there until someone mentions that my eye is red. Yuck. He says once it's gone I shouldnt have any problems with it growing again. He basically said it's like a mole that grows on your skin. It doesn't just go away, you have to get it removed. I dont have any moles so why is it that the first one I get grew in my eye? LOL I know it will be fine and over with quickly, but it's my EYE. Oh good grief. I already told my daughter that she better start working on making my "pirate" eye patch pink with rhinestones in the case I have to wear one for a few days. LOL Trish
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/28/06 2:07 am - My Town, NH
Trish, I'll be thinking of you! Let us know how it goes. - Stephanie
Beckers
on 6/28/06 4:22 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Hey Trish- I'm sorry you have to go through this Will they put you under, or will you be awake during the surgery? I bet having someone cut at your eyeball is a scary thing... Rebecca
BabyRuth2u
on 6/28/06 5:01 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry to hear that. Hope having it removed is as painless, and easy as possible for recovery. We'll be thinking of you. *HUGS*
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views