FATIGUE???

sweetless
on 6/27/06 4:11 am - Dubuque, IA
Is anyone else experiencing extreme tiredness? It usually hits mid-afternoon and goes on into the evening. After I eat supper I can hardly stay awake. I am getting 8 hours of sleep, drinking my protein and taking all my vitamins. Prior to surgery I was taking an anti-depressant (celexa) & an amphetamine(adderall) for energy. I can't take the extended release adderall any longer and the other type does not stay with me during the day. I would like to get rid of the uppers totally. My blood work is all good. I'm wondering if everyone is feeling tired, or if anyone has some suggestions. Thanks, Wendy
Darlene X
on 6/27/06 4:15 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ive been feeling really tired too.... it's not a change since having surgery... I had major fatigue issues before surgery--- it just doesn't seem to have gotten any better, even after losing 92lbs. At first I thought it was because I had a 2 month non-stop period and lost a lot of iron, but now that it's ended I don't have any energy coming back. i think I may need to start B-12 and boost my iron some... I barely have the energy to do much, or want to excersise... I kinda wondered if prior to surgery I had symptoms of fatigue syndrome or something like that---- Im hoping it improves as more weight comes off.... Darlene
sweetless
on 6/27/06 6:35 am - Dubuque, IA
Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. I have been taking a B-12 tablet, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm checking into a powder B-12 that is mixed with water. It is one of the products from Market America. If it works I'll let everyone know about it. Wendy
sngglnclos
on 6/27/06 6:49 am - sw burbs, MN
Hey Wendy I use a liquid form of b-12 that I get at target...works great!!
cathelewis
on 6/27/06 10:00 am
Hi Wendy, What kind of vitamins are you taking? I was taking 2 Flintstones a day, and I was exhausted. I switched to Bariatric Advantage vitamins, and I feel like myself for the first time since surgery. Also, I would suggest that you talk to your doctor and see if there is something else besides the Adderall that you could take. Cathe
sweetless
on 6/29/06 3:46 am - Dubuque, IA
I'm taking a Centrum multi-vitamin in the morning and one at night. I also take two 600mg calcium citrates in the morning and 2 at night. I take a B-12 in the morning. I will ask the Dr about the Adderall. I would like to get off of it. Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views