How long does it take you to eat?

sngglnclos
on 6/26/06 2:18 am - sw burbs, MN
When I eat soft foods, ie: cottage cheese - cheese sticks - i am done in under 15mins regular foods 15-25 mins sometimes I feel like I eat way too fast and I'm clueless how to slow down. Yup put the fork/spoon down inbetween bites. Sometimes I think its because I am so hungry by the time I eat that I can wait to eat. thoughts???
Darlene X
on 6/26/06 2:48 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yogurt I can consume very rapidly... like 6-8oz in 10-15 minutes. I eat too fast, even normal dense foods I only spend like 15-20 minutes eating... normally then Im done... if I take my time I can normally eat more... It's just hard to take my time.... Like last night we had family dinner, we sat around talking so my meal was spread out over a longer period and I could eat more.... normally Im trying to get it finished, and so I get full... don't wait or eat more... I dont know... I just know I do eat too fast. Darlene
jmelrod829
on 6/26/06 3:04 am - Pottsville, PA
I am having the SAME problem!!! I find though that if I do happen to eat slower I can eat alot more........personally I am content eating faster and therefore less food Jennifer 355/284/140
jannineh99
on 6/27/06 1:58 am - Melrose, MA
Hello there My surgeon told me that it takes 15-20 min for your pouch to empty so they recommend us to eat our meals in 40-45 min and no drinks with meals because that flushes it out faster.. I am still using my baby food spoons (actually my daughters old sets that come with fork and spoon.)..forces you to do small bites try that it might help...I noticed that you said you are hungry...how many meals are you eating a day...I eat my three meals plus a snack between breakfast and lunch, lunch and dinner and one snack after dinner...but I still have not felt hunger yet unless I go for more than 6 hours without eating....but that rarely happens...Hope this helps... Jannine 357/257/190
miminjoey
on 6/29/06 12:35 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I know I'll get a lashing but...I doubt my meals take me more then 10 minutes...I inhale my food...I always have, but the thing is..even if I make a mental note to eat slow...I don't eat any more or less if I eat fast. If anything I probably eat more because the food has time to slide down, whereas if I eat fast I am full fast. I should slow down because I worry about stretching my pouch...I think I can eat about 3 to 4 oz a meal....my NUT says at a year I should only be able to eat 4 oz...so makes me wonder there. Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views