Fiber what do you eat??

kwiltlady
on 6/25/06 4:02 am - sturgeon bay, WI
Im looking for some good fiber ideas. Soooo what do you eat???
Darlene X
on 6/25/06 4:30 am - Maricopa, AZ
Fiber One Cereal--- Mixed with some fruit and yogurt..... SUPER high in fiber... I also have Whole wheat crackers occasionally.... raspberries are high in fiber also. Darlene -91lbs
Beckers
on 6/26/06 10:34 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Darlene- I went to the store to buy some Fiber One cereal, and it looks like BIG animal PELLETS!! I couldn't buy it... It looks difficult to eat and digest (and nasty!) Does it get soft with milk? Or if you put it in yogurt, does it taste ok? I guess I could just bite the bullet and buy it, and try it... I'm DESPERATE to solve my "Big C" issue. And, have you tried fiber pills? Did your surgeon say if you can have them? I'm waiting to ask my surgeon at next week's appt... Rebecca M. 269/202/150
Darlene X
on 6/26/06 11:54 am - Maricopa, AZ
Maybe you could try All Bran instead? I have a feeling it's smaller. The cereal on it's own isnt great tasting, it is after all lots of fiber.... but I put yogurt and fruit with it, and its yummy. It does soften a little, but Ive had no problems digesting it--- it chews to nothing.... Do you eat much fruit? Fruit helps get the Big C moving along too... boy if I eat about 20 fresh cherries I have the oposite problem.... I tried a fiber chewable thing, and it tasted like crap, so I went back to regular foods... Ive heard there are some decent ones out there though. Darlene
timsdanni
on 6/25/06 7:30 am - Ft Stewart, GA
blueberrys, artichokes - steamed with 1 teaspoon of mayo sometimes, whole wheat bread - read the labels - I found one that is 4 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protien per slice. adding a t of onions or mushrooms, celery, tomatoes etc at the time seems to help - I also take the fiber pills sometimes if I have issues danni
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views