Who doesn't mind photo's as much anymore?

Darlene X
on 6/25/06 1:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
Before surgery I HATED photo's with a vengance... I hated to see how fat I was. I would avoid at all costs. I was always the one taking the pictures so I had an excuse not to be in them. Yesterday we were visiting the twins, and my brother in law turned to take a picture of me with one of the babies.... I saw him, and smiled--- he looked at me and said....So your ok with photo's now??? --- Normally i would cover my face, hide, complain.... I guess I am.... After seeing my pictures from California, I liked the way I looked so much more, as long as the angle doesn't show my double chin that is LOL. I just finished uploading some pictures we took yesterday of the twins and us, and I have to say i am deffinately becoming more photogenic! (Im gonna upload a few to my profile so take a look!) BRING ON THE CAMERAS!!!! I shall no longer be afraid!!!
Darlene X
on 6/25/06 1:14 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ugh don't worry about going to my profile for pictures---- our computer is screwing up and won't copy and paste... so I have to wait till im at work tomorrow to do them.
Melissa P.
on 6/25/06 5:01 am - Aurora, IL
I take pics of myself now. I like to take them every week, so I can see the progress. I just smile if anyone comes near me with one. I used to look away or try to get out of it somehow.
Tina K
on 6/25/06 1:17 am - Central, NY
Yes! Bring on those cameras. I'm starting to feel the same way about full length mirrors. I keep going in my daughter's room so I can see my whole body after I get dressed. May be almost time to get one for my room! Tina 315/242/140
RebekaA
on 6/25/06 4:04 am - Inland Empire, CA
ME! ME! ME! For the first time since my daughter was a baby I feel ok being in the pictures with her again. (She's 2 now.) I scrapbook and just finished her first year album, and was so sad to realize there are NO pics of me with her past 5 mo. --I'm barely a blip in the first year of her life, but I couldn't bear to see myself all bloated and chins everywhere--I would rather be conspicuously missing, or so I thought. Her second year will be different! I'll be ALL OVER that thing! Happy Sunday everyone!
BabyRuth2u
on 6/25/06 4:30 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I think it's getting a bit better. At least i hope so. I am not a very photogenic person. I always get caught in really stupid looks, twisted face, lips etc. LOL And of course the fear of the head being down and getting the double chins. Well that is going away now so it is getting better. A few pics we took with the dog etc didnt come out too bad. Seems Im getting not so picture freakish. LOL But I'll wait for an official photo shoot! You looked fantastic in your vacation pics. Cant wait to see more of you with the babies.
CherieG
on 6/25/06 9:56 am - Collingdale, PA
I used to be the same way. Always the one with the camera, that way I couldn't be in any picture. Now, I keep asking my husband to take pics and make sure he gets some of me. I'm still not happy with the way I look, I know I have a long way to go. But I can see the changes in myself so much more through pictures. That part I enjoy. Cherie
jannineh99
on 6/25/06 11:01 am - Melrose, MA
I also have to agree that before surgery pictures of me were few and far between I mean years between...considering I am a photographer by heart and hopefully by profession soon...but this is a sensative topic for me...this week end my sister was going thru some photos that she took 3 years to develop..(old family trait..wait years to develop film...lol) anyway there were two pictures of me there with the ladies from my old church we went to dinner and all I can say is that the pictures brought me to tears...seeing how big I was and knowing that at that time of my life I felt like my weight was not a problem... but I can say that now I am a self-portrait shutterbug I am constantly taking pictures of myself...and I don't run from the camara I do as Madonna says and "Strike a Pose"...I am in the process of making a collage of my pictures and gonna make a WLS Scrapbook...when I get the collage done I will post it on my website and give out the addy. God Bless You all Jannine 357/257/190
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views