EVIL salad!!!

Darlene X
on 6/21/06 11:09 pm - Maricopa, AZ
So a girl posted on the main forum a few days ago about how she was 6 weeks out, had issues eating any kind of meat's etc, and had been eating a Tortellini salad most days because thats all she couldd stomach, and it's reasonably high in protein (15g for a C)... wanted opinions on how bad etc... and of course there were varying opinions... some people are fine with pasta, some are carb-a-phobic, some are anti... everyone has their own opinions.... Anyway I asked her for her recipe or what she does, and made it last night because it sounded sooo good... OMG this salad is so delicious! Its pure evil LOL. After making it, I know this needs to be an occasional treat because I could live off it. The basis is pretty much fresh 3 Cheese tortellini (Cooked as directed), fresh spinach cut finely, feta cheese, and a dressing made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and balsamic vinegarette. I adjusted it a little using Sundried tomato & basil feta cheese, and also added some toasted pine nuts! .... Its seriously to die for! Someone else posted they made it, an added chicken & diced tomatoes to it too... I could only eat about 2 & 1/2 ounces... and I have lots of left over's, so i may be eating it the next few days LOL Darlene
Valerie J.
on 6/21/06 11:51 pm - Casper, WY
Darlene, Please post this recipe. Thanks Valerie
Darlene X
on 6/22/06 12:57 am - Maricopa, AZ
There wasn't really a recipe... she cooks like me, just add a bit of this and a bit of that.... she just posted what she did.. The way I did it, was I cooked the 3 Cheese Tortellini as stated on the package. Then I strained it and put it into a bowl of ice water. Once cool I strained it again and put it in a bowl so I could mix in the other ingrediants. I took about 1/2 cup of baby spinach and cut it into thin slices and added that. Put in some crumbled feta cheese--- to taste, add as much as you want. Added some toasted pine nuts to taste... then I made a dressing..... the dressing consisted of about 1/4C of olive oil, about 2 TBS of balsamic vinegar, and about 1/4 C of balsamic vinegarette... I mixed that together then tossed into the salad and chilled. You could add anything you want, chicken, tomato, different flavored feta, I was thinking some finely sliced fresh basil would be good... be creative... the pine nuts weren't in her original recipe, but I thought they sounded like a good combination with the feta. Darlene
Darlene X
on 6/22/06 1:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
Oh I did want to add.... My local supermarket sells fresh whole wheat Tortellini & ravioli. In this case I used the regular white flour... because I wanted to see if I would like it first before seeing if the Whole Wheat stuff feels gritty to me...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views