Feeling Yucky

CarolJB
on 6/21/06 4:01 pm - Anchorage, AK
Hey everyone, I've looked at messages from the past few weeks and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I'm at 3.5 months and have been feeling decidedly LOUSY. Really, really tired and, the past 4 or 5 days, my stomach hurts every time I put something into it. I just had my labs run two weeks ago and other than being very, very slightly anemic (hematocri 36.9%; 37% is low end of normal range) everything looked good, including cholesterol and albumin. My PCP said that it might be a B12 deficiency (the labs did not include a B12 reading). I was wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed as B12 deficient? And how much B12 everyone takes as a supplement? My bariatric multivitamins include 500 mcg of B12, and this evening I started taking a sublingual (1000 mcg) B12 tab. I hope it makes a difference. As far as the pouch pain goes, it seemed to coincide with my 3-month supply of proton-pump inhibitors running out (I was taking Prilosec). Anyone else experience anything similar? Also, has anyone experieced prolonged discomfort after eating something high in roughage? I had part of a spring roll (lots of cabbage) last night, and that came back up. Thanks for your input! Carole
timsdanni
on 6/21/06 10:35 pm - Ft Stewart, GA
on the B12 thing I take a subliqual every day except the 1st of the month with I get a B12 shot and mine is right where it is suppose to be. you can get b12 subliqual at GNC or at walmart even just make sure you let it totally disolve under your tounge. I don't have pouch pain a whole lot but I do have a hernia in that area that agravates me, doc says when I lose all my wieght and maintain for 6 months he will fix it - grrrr I eat high rufage stuff all the time and am ok - sometimes gassy but it stays down now, didn't to start with however - so maybe smaller amounts next time? danni 372/290/170 ENJOYING THE JOURNEY hat and all
Darlene X
on 6/21/06 10:53 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Carole, From the sounds of it, I would say it's because you stopped taking Prilosec.... Hubby got really sick early out and we couldnt figure it out, tummy hurt bad, he couldnt eat... he realized he had stopped taking his Nexium, as soon as he did all was better. He can't go more than 1 day without taking a OTC Prilosec or he starts feeling sick and can't eat-- my sister in law needed to take her's for 6 months everyday, now she just takes acid reducer when she feels it......... Im not as bad, but recently had a little tummy irritation so started my Prilosec again for a few days and it went away. Stomach acid can cause lots of issues, make you feel sick, and make it hard to eat. I would suggest you buy some Prilosec (Walmart has it like $20 or so for 48) and take that for 5 days or so and see how you feel.... you may be one of those people that need to take it for longer... Darlene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views