This is unreal!

BabyRuth2u
on 6/22/06 4:29 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I have lost a total of 90 lbs!! Is anyone else having a hard time comprehending their weightloss? It seems that daily I guess I just take it for granted. I was updating my profile today since my weight has changed a few pounds. I've lost 66 lbs since surgery on March 24, and had lost 24 lbs the month before, making a total of 90 lbs! I knew I had 85 ish off, and that was great, but when I totaled up the loss and came up with 90 it just blew me away! It doesn't seem real. I feel like I am dreaming. Anyone else???
Darlene X
on 6/22/06 6:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
It really doesn't sink in for me.... Ive lost 90lbs too, and I feel like I get more depressed, I don't see it, I dont understand how other people see me. I was just talking to EJ last night, about possibly wanting to look into a position inside a branch with the bank I work for... but I didnt want to look at that until I had lost more weight... I'd rather feel confident and good about myself, and be thinner when dealing face to face with someone... EJ said I just didn't see myself the way other's are now. He said that most people are looking at me more like a 'normal" person.... I can't see myself that way.... Darlene
BabyRuth2u
on 6/22/06 6:32 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Listen to him! We all saw your pics and we arent just telling you things! You can tell a big difference!! You are looking great! I do not see any reason why you should not be able to work in a bank and look lovely! I know Dave tells me the same basic thing. I keep questioning things like if I can fit here or there, about weight limits etc and he keeps telling me I'm not like that anymore, that I will fit, I dont weigh too much etc. As we've said guess its going to take awhile before we can accept it. Im not working right now and just starting to look to go back about mid July. I did some temp work, but have a few places we are going between now and then so going to hold off a few more weeks to take anything permanent. One of the reasons I stayed off too was so that when I did go to job interviews I hoped to be accepted more, not looked at as a big fat person, just hopefully a pleasingly plump one! lol I dont have a degree, but many years of experience and I think because of my weight I have been overlooked for jobs I really wanted. So we'll see if size does make any difference! I say go for it!!!
Darlene X
on 6/22/06 8:16 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah thats going through my mind too... when I start applying for another job, or a different position.... I wanted to be a normal weight, and not be looked at as the fat girl... who is probably seteo typed as lazy. I have one more week and ive been in my current position for a year--- thats when Im allowed to start looking around elsewhere. D
D S.
on 6/22/06 11:36 pm - Kansas City, MO
I get that same depression. My hubby says my butt is a lot smaller, but I CANT SEE MY BUTT! so how do i know LOL I'm down 76 pounds since surgery, and down 92 from my highest weight. That's nearly 100 pounds, and honestly, I see NO difference.my clothes are a bit loser. but I still look them same. No one says anything to me about having lost any weight... its just depressing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views