Protein Pancakes rock!

Katie M.
on 6/20/06 12:17 pm - East Petersburg, PA
Hey, have you guys checked out the recipe forum? I am having trouble keeping a lot of stuff down, even though I've had two endoscopies to stretch strictures. (I would DIE if I had 5 ounces of meat!) I'm in awe of Darlene's "what'd you eat today" posts. I look through them with envy! SO, anyway, I've been looking for other ideas since yogurt is gettig really old. (Cheese sticks don't do it after a while. either.) On the recipe forum, there was a recipe for protein pancakes that have cottage cheese, ground oatmeal, eggs, etc. in them and they are great. They taste pretty good and are good when you just need some bread! I've been using them for PB&J sandwiches with SF peanut butter and SF jelly. They are 10 grams of protein (before the topping.) Not bad! (I really don't like cottage cheese, but you can't taste it. they're just like a really dense whole wheat pancake) Let me know if you can find them. I'm not savvy enough to know how to post a link, but I can post the recipe. (would do it tonight, but I'm at work, and the recipes at home...) Enjoy, Katie
Beckers
on 6/20/06 12:42 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Sounds great, Katie! I also do NOT like cottage cheese, so when I first read the recipe, I thought NOPE, not doing that one... but you can't taste it? I might try it then. I bought a mix from the nutritional store in my city, "Bob's Red Mill"? 10 grain pancake and waffle mix. I tried it Sunday morning, just add water, and it (too) tasted like a dense wheat pancake, but not too bad if you're jones'in for some pancakes. My hubby said he didn't like them (as he ate 5 pancakes)... I ate only 1 pancake with SF blueberry syrup (that looks like blue food coloring on the pancake). Rebecca M. 269/205/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views