### 06/20 What Did Ya Eat Today?

Darlene X
on 6/20/06 8:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Guys!!!! So far so good with the no TV thing, Im getting so much more done at home, and the place is so much more peaceful. Im a little worried about my yogurt habit LOL. I LOVE yogurt post-op, it is cool and yummy! What worries me a little is that I can eat 6-8oz of it easy, and within a reasonably short period of time. I know I know, my rational mind says its a soft liquid, not much substance, it goes right through you it's not a big deal... but my irrational side says... Holy crap, your eating 8oz of that and your only 3 months out??? Up until recently I was eating the 6oz Dannon's... I got a store generic brand, and without realizing it was 8oz ate it like normal.... ahh the joys.... I know, try eat 8oz of chicken and see what happens... not gonna happen... Breakfast: Approx 6-8oz of plain yogurt w/ a little splenda & about 8 fresh raspberries. Snack: None-- getting water in Lunch: More left over Mongolian Chicken with a few bites of rice. Snack: 6oz Generic brand Lite Strawberry yogurt. Dinner: We are making stuffed bell peppers. I got some ground lamb cheap, so we have a roasted red pepper rice, to mix with the lamb & some seasonings, maybe some cheese, stuff into a bell pepper and bake... YUM! I'll probably just share one with EJ... I can eat like 1/4, he can do the rest. Not so good with water. 34oz so far. Im gonna get another bottle in before I leave work hopefully... then some at home.
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/20/06 8:55 am - My Town, NH
Hi Darlene. I wouldn't worry too much about the yogurt. Are they the 120 calorie yogurts? My nutritionist recommended I stay under 120 calories when eating yogurt. Think of all that calcium your getting! Today I've eaten: Breakfast: 1 package regular oatmeal Lunch: 4 ounces of turkey, 2 ounces of sliced 50% reduced fat cheddar and jalapeno cheese with four crackers Snack: 2 ounces of almonds Dinner: 4 ounce hamburger with one slice of cheese and a 1/4 cup of applesauce Snack: Probably 1 NSA Fudgsicle (I can't seem to do without it!!!) Water is good today. Aprroximately 60 ounces thus far. Good going on the television project! Sometimes it's nice to sit in the living room with my husband and just read. Peace and quiet is a good thing! Have a great night! - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 6/20/06 9:06 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah the 8oz Generic Brand yogurt-- a ton cheaper, and actually tastier too is 100 calories. The Dannon was like 60 calories I think? That will be better further out when calories really matter... right now I don't get enough calories as is, so it doesn't matter so much. I need to start weighing my food... I don't weigh my meat and I need to know how much Im eating... Ive been bad at that. I can't eat much... Ive got food scales at home, so I better get them out.
BabyRuth2u
on 6/20/06 9:14 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Breakfast: 1/2 slice of 35 cal wheat bread toasted w/ 1 tsp of philly cream cheese on a 1/4 of it, and 1 wedge of LF LC cheese on the other 1/4 piece of toast. Lunch: 1/4 c. romaine lettuce, a few grape tomatoes with 1/2 can of light tuna/water packed on it. Dressing was 1 tbs balsamic vinegar/ oil with good seasons packet. Mid afternoon: 30 gm protein shake Dinner: 3 oz ground turkey browned up with onions and garlic. Eve: Will have a protein shake. Snacked on some peanuts too today in the afternoon.
Laura A.
on 6/20/06 9:27 am - Manteca, CA
Hi All, Breakfast: My usual protein drink... but today I mixed the vanilla powder with Crystal Light orange sunrise and it was like an orange dreamsicle flavor. YUUUUUMMM Lunch: 1/2C cottage cheese with 1/2C SF lime jello Snack: Peanuts leftover from the Father's Day ballgame Dinner: Something leftover in the fridge. Now that I'm eating so little there's ALWAYS something leftover in the fridge.....hahaha Not really good with water today....only about 35oz so far. Vitamins are done....2nd dose tonight Walked 2 1/2 miles at lunchtime today Laura A.
RebekaA
on 6/20/06 10:12 am - Inland Empire, CA
Laura--where exactly IS the pumpkin capital??? B: 8oz shake L: HB egg 1oz cheese S: 1oz steak D: Lean Cuisine Rigatoni (YES! I'm eating pasta for the first time b/c I don't want to cook!) vits-yes water: 40oz so far will try one more bottle exer: walked the Arboretum for hours pushing my little 30# chunk in her stroller.
Laura A.
on 6/21/06 4:01 am - Manteca, CA
Rebeka.... The Pumpkin Capital is ......Manteca. We are smack dab in the middle of the state in the San Joaquin Valley. LOTS of agriculture around us. Manteca has a huge pumpkin festival the first weekend in October every year, and has dubbed itself "The Pumpkin Capital". Laura A.
kimby K.
on 6/20/06 1:56 pm - Northwest, OH
Hi all, this is my first time posting on this forum. Thanks for having me. B - 25 bing cherries; frozen capp (40g protein) L - whopper junior (bottom bun only); 1/2 BK chili w/cheese S - sf cherry italian ice D - 6 oz shrimp w/shrimp sauce; 1/2 lg tomato S - cantaloupe about 80+ oz of water and decaf tea
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/20/06 5:16 pm - My Town, NH
Welcome Kim! We're happy you've posted. - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!