Bony butts!??

BabyRuth2u
on 6/20/06 3:35 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Who's getting a bony butt? The past two weeks its been getting uncomfortable to sit. I have to move this way or that to find some padding. By no means is my butt small yet, but I've got two bones that are a pain in the rear! LOL I dont know if its from my butt or the tops of the femur ( sure hope I got the right bone lol) They feel knobby. Anyone else having sitting problems?? Oh and while Im thinking about it. Anyone experience being cold? A friend of mine who had the surgery, and I've seen it on the boards, said that you get cold all the time. I've been fine so far. Not cold here!! My friend had her surgery in June a few years ago. She was cold soon out, even through Summer and the next Summer. We go places and its hot and she's taking a sweater. LOL Anyone cold all the time??
Mama-of-3
on 6/20/06 4:21 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hi there! I have a bony rearend too! What's worse is that my knees have gotten super boney and when I sleep on my side with my knees together they actually hurt where the bones touch. It's super crazy! I can no longer wear my wedding rings either. They slip right off. Another great thing is that my daughter just started work as a teachers helper at my school for the summer and the kids get us confused! HAHAHAAAAAAA It's great. I love it , I love it, I love it!!!!!
sngglnclos
on 6/20/06 4:58 am - sw burbs, MN
i got the bony butt too! I have a sensitive tail bone too :O( had it for a while now. I use a neck pillow to sit on and try to get pressure off my tailbone and to cushion my bony booty
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/06 5:07 am - PA
No bony butt yet, though it is considerably smaller. I do have the knee problem and my ribs sometimes hurt when I lay on my side in bed. I also have to use two mats when doing abs in aerobics to cushion my backbone. I get cold all the time too. I used to be the one sweating all the time, now I'm always asking people if they are cold or is it just me? One day I actually walked around in my 80 degree house (I turned off the air) with sweatpants, a jacket, socks and a blanket. When my husband got home, he asked if I had lost my mind. Kathy
toby67
on 6/20/06 5:12 am - Bossier City, LA
Hey~ I thought I was going crazy when my bootie hurt when I sat down! LOL! Yes, I have a boney butt & knees are getting there too. Isn't that weird? Glad you mentioned being cold. I am cold ALL the time! Even after I work out at the gym! I'm sweating like a dog & yet I get cold. On Father's Day I had to change into my flannel pj's. That wasn't warm enough so I had to get a flannel shirt out & put that on then I sat on the couch with a throw blanket over me. I guess it's because my blood pressure has dropped? I don't know but I know I've heard a lot of people complain about being cold. It's actually ok for me because I used to get way too hot. Thanks to the humidity in LA! But yes, I am cold all the time~
Angela S.
on 6/20/06 5:17 am - St. Ann, MO
I got the bony booty thing going on here too. At work I am constantly shifting trying to find some cushion. I have the knee problem when I sleep too, it is good to know I am not alone. Oh and being cold, is an all the time thing for me. My hubby is a big guy and he is always hot, our air in our bedroom is so cold I have to sleep with the quilt up over my head and he is laying there in t-shirt and shorts no covers at all. Our upstairs is always very warm and I spend most of my time upstairs to stay warm, while he is downstairs where the air is kicking. He always comes up to bed and says aren't you hot up here? Nope! And I won't even get started about my work, I can not wait to get outside at the end of the day is it like a freezer all the time in here!
Darlene X
on 6/20/06 5:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
OMG YES!!! My butt started hurting about 3 weeks post-op, It shocked me because I hadn't lost THAT much... and it seemed way too early for that LOL. I sit on a pillow at work. My hip bones hurt me at night now too. My inner thermostat has deffinately changed. Hubby was cold ALL the time after his surgery, we would always fight because I was too warm and he was too cold... now we are more even LOL. Before surgery I couldn't sleep in anything above 74F, any warmer and I would toss and turn because I was hot. Now I can't sleep if the AC is lower than 81F or Im cold. I know when hubby has adjusted it from 81F because I start feeling very cold. Its summer here, and 112F or so... so noticing the temperature change for me is less obvious as Hubby who had surgery going into winter. Darlene
Courtney B.
on 6/20/06 8:56 am - Lancaster, CA
Both your questions describe me! I went to my sons 8th grade graduation and the bleachers that I sat on with no problems before surgery hurt my butt bones! OMG! I NEVER in a million years thought Id have that problem. And the cold thing! It has been up in the 100s here and Im wearing pants. I have worn shorts once in the last 3 weeks of heat and Im comfy. Im sure once it hits 115 like it always does here in July and August that I will be in the shorts, but for now, NOPE! Courtney
Katie M.
on 6/20/06 12:20 pm - East Petersburg, PA
Right there with you. I have to get up and walk around if I sit at my computer too long at work. I am still BIG, what's the deal!? I guess your butts the first part of your body to not bear the weight? And I'm freezing all the time! Who knew?! I wonder what we'll encounter next. It's only been three months! Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views