My pants are too big?!?!

Stephanie Smiles
on 6/20/06 12:28 am - My Town, NH
Hi fellow MARCHers! I have been struggling the last few weeks with feeling as if I just am not losing weight like I am supposed to. My 47 pounds lost since surgery is way below the trend line. The weight loss estimater indicates that I should have lost 55 to 60 pounds by now. So it's been quite discouraging. However, amidst this struggle, I managed a "wow" moment. I got dressed on Saturday morning in the pants I bought a month ago. (I posted about my excitement at wearing pants again!) My husband commented that they looked too big for me. I told him that they were a little loose but that I was quite sure a size 22 would not fit. I haven't worn a 22 for who knows how many years! Anyway, on Sunday, he told me that we needed to go shopping before I took him out for Father's Day lunch. So we did. Guess what? Size 22 pants DO fit me! In fact, they fit very well. Not tight in the least. I was shocked! And happy. Can size 20 be far behind? I hope not. I've lost 81 pounds since I began this journey and I feel good about that number (just not the 47 pounds since surgery number!). I rewarded myself for being in a size 22 with a pedicure. I've never had one before but I've been wearing sandals a lot and thought it would be nice to have pretty toes. As I sat in the chair with my feet soaking yesterday, I realized that I had never wanted a pedicure before because I felt like my legs were ugly and huge. I didn't want anyone else to have to touch them. But yesterday, I enjoyed the leg and foot massage to the fullest. It was fun and my toes ARE pretty! What a journey this is! I'm so glad I have all of you to share it with! - Stephanie
RebekaA
on 6/20/06 1:54 am - Inland Empire, CA
YAY for you!!! I'm so happy for you. And how great are you for rewarding yourself with NON food, I know for me that was a big step-- a pedicure is a great reward! I know it's terrible when the scale doesn't move as fast as we feel it should, I have the same problem, but i try to remember when was the last time I stuck to any "diet" this long--never. I would've been off the wagon and bingeing my way back up the scale long since...so if the scale isn't dropping--at least it's not going up either! We'll get there eventually. Have a great day in your new *little* pants
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/20/06 8:26 am - My Town, NH
Hi Rebeka. Thanks for the encouragement! The non-food reward is so important for me to remember. Food was the only reward system I had for so long. It's nice to reward myself with something that doesn't disappear in five minutes. I did have a good day in my "little" pants. And, I received several compliments! -Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 6/20/06 3:24 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Stephanie! That is fantastic! Wear those pants!!!!! It looks like you have a new pic up too... looking good there! I did some pant browsing this morning. I'm anxiously awaiting to wear, or should I say own my first pair of non elastic, zip up button jeans since about 1980!! lol Yes there are some large ones out there I could have worn but to get them around my belly they would have legs the size for an elephant! I dont know what designers are thinking sometimes. Anyways..... So about a month and a half ago I tried some on. I was fitting in a 28, and a pretty tight 26. Well today I fit well into a 24 wp. WooHoo! I did not buy them though. I wanted to see where I was, though tempted i passed. I figured that spending $40 for jeans that will HOPEFULLY be too big in a few weeks was silly . So I'm going to wait for those 20s, or maybe 18s. But I KNOW that I CAN fit into a pair and not look too shabby. These ones were nice, didnt have the real big legs, and also may be that now my belly is getting smaller, the smaller size accomodates for smaller legs too! Im going to check your profile. You need to post a pic of you in pants! This is major!! (since you say you havent worn pants in so long!! )
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/20/06 8:37 am - My Town, NH
Hi Ruth Ann. Those jeans are going to look fantastic on you! I haven't bought a pair of jeans yet. I am probably going to wait until I hit 20 as well. I added a picture of me in the pants to my profile just for you! Thanks for suggesting it. It is worthy of recording. There is also a goofy close-up that my husband took. Have a great night! - Stephanie
BabyRuth2u
on 6/20/06 9:16 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Wow! They look great!!!! Thank you for posting them. It is a fantastic addition to your pictures. It really shows how you are shrinking!!!!! Love the pics!
jomamma
on 6/20/06 7:10 am - Palmdale, CA
I just hit the 47 mark today and Im really happy because the scaled did not move for over a month and now its coming off faster than it ever did. I have NEVER ****il this week) had a three pound loss in one week and Ive dropped three pounds per week for TWO weeks so im happy. Dont be discouraged, it will happen. lost 25 before surgery so we are very similiar!! Keep up the good work and size 18 is around the corner!!
thin2be
on 6/21/06 5:08 am - Houston, TX
Stephanie, I am feeling exactly the same way! My friends/co workers who know I had surgery compliment me a lot. Friends who don't know I had surgery, or I haven't seen in a while compliment my hair, but don't notice 65 pounds!!!!! lost. (And from a 24 to an 18.) AND, I am losing my hair, so I don't know if they are trying to be nice or not............ I love the pictures of you in your pants, and the close up. Your face is slimming down and you look beautiful. I am glad you got a pedicure. You deserve it! Keep up the good work. And, we should remember the old fable--Tortoise and the Hare. It doesn't matter if we're fast, as long as we finish this race. In good health, Phyllis
Stephanie Smiles
on 6/21/06 6:07 am - My Town, NH
Hi Phyllis! I'm right there with you in the hair loss department. Oddly, my hair is looking better these days. Perhaps it needed a bit of thinning. A colleague I don't see often stopped by my office today. I almost laughed when she said, "You look like you've dropped 20 pounds or so." 20 pounds???? Try 81!!! I didn't say that of course. Merely thanked her. I guess I'll try to be content as a tortoise. Slow and steady is certainly better than zero weight loss or gaining! Thanks for your compliments and congrats on your amazing progress! Keep it up! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 748 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views